chapter 4

ONCE LUCY AND EDMUND HAD ARRIVED BACK FROM NARNIA, Lucy couldn't wait to tell her two older siblings but ,when she did, she didn't get the reaction she had hoped for. Edmund had completely lied and said he was just playing along making Lucy run away and cry. She wanted to get away from her siblings but instead ran into Diggory Kirke. She cried into his arms for a while but he moved her to Mrs Macready whilst he had a chat with Peter and Susan in his office.

"You seem to have upset the internal balance of my housekeeper." He said smoking his pipe whilst the two teenagers stood in front of him.

"Were very sorry sir, it wont happen again." Peter said while turning on his heal but was stopped when Susan grabbed his arm.

"It's our sister sir" Susan said quite worried for her sister health.

"The weeping girl?" Diggory asked.

"Yes sir she's upset" Susan said stating the obvious.

"Hence the weeping." 

"We can handle it." Peter says as he tried to take Susan out of the office but they were cut off when Diggory spoke again.

"Oh I can see that" The professor said sarcastically.

"She think she's found a magical land-" Susan said and the professor laughed "-in the upstairs wardrobe." His head snapped up at this. He had tried many years to go back to Narnia to get his brother but it wouldn't let him and a few years after he had lost hope Narnia was back.

"What did you just say?" he asked while walking towards the couches in the corner of the room. The two siblings joined him and sat in front of him.

"The upstairs wardrobe, Lucy thinks she's found a forest inside." Peter said realising that the old man thought his little sister was crazy.

"What was it like?" Diggory asked wanted to make sure it was the same forest that he had once entered many years ago.

"Like talking to a lunatic." Susan said

"No not her, the forest."

"You're- you're not saying you believe her?" Peter asked

"Well don't you?" Diggory asked. He saw a little bit of Noel in Peter as he never believed the stories he used to tell his older brother when from they lived next door to Polly.

 "Well logically, its impossible." Susan said.

"What do they teach you at school these days?"

"Edmund said they were only pretending." Peter said

"And he's usually the more truthful one is he?"

"No, this would be the first time." Peter said as he was actually starting to believe Lucy slightly.

"Well if she's not lying and isn't mad then logically we must assume that she is telling the truth. She's your sister isn't she? You're a family! It's time you start acting like one!" 

The next day, Susan, Edmund and Peter were playing cricket in the garden while Lucy was reading her book under a tree. It was Susan and Peters idea to come outside and try and have a break from all the Narnia talk. Lucy was still annoyed at Edmund for lying so she decided not to play. But Edmund's mind wasn't focused on the game. It was focused on how he was meant to try and get his siblings to Narnia. He knew he had to in order to be King but he couldn't think of a way.

"Peter winds up, goes for the bowl" Peter says and breaks Edmund out of his daydream by the ball hitting him on the leg.

"Ow!" Edmund said while rubbing his leg

"Whoops! Wake up Dolly Daydream!" Peter said while laughing.

"Can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked which earned a glare of Lucy.

"I thought you said it was a kids game?" Peter asked.

"Besides we could use the fresh air." Susan said trying her best to keep her siblings outside.

"Its not like there isn't air inside" Edmund argued to which Susan huffed at.

"Are you ready then?" Peter asked as he was a about to chuck the ball towards Edmund

"Are you!" Edmund said while whacking his bat on the floor.

Peter pitches the ball and Edmund whacks it towards the window and it smashes an upstairs window. From the outside, you could hear it crash into an suit of amour. Lucy smirked then they all ran upstairs to where the window broke.

"Oh well done Ed." Peter said sarcastically.

"You bowled it!" Edmund shouted back not wanting to take the blame for what had happened. Even thought he did it intentionally.

Then they froze when they heard Mrs Macready shouts making the way towards the room which they had just broken.

"Mrs Macready!" Susan breathed out as her heart started to beat faster.

"Run!" Peter said and they all listened to him. 

The Pevensie's were running in all sorts of directions around the house, but they seemed to hear Mrs Macready in every corner they turned which was weird due to the house being quite big. The only place they could go to where the couldn't hear her was the attic room. Once had entered the attic room, Edmund ran towards the wardrobe and opened it gesturing his siblings to go inside.

"You have got to be joking." Susan said but then they heard Mrs Macready coming closer so they all ran in the wardrobe.

Peter was the last to get into the wardrobe as he carefully shut the door. The siblings started bickering as they told each other to shut up as they kept walking backwards They kept walking backwards until Susan and Peter fell in something cold and felt branches sticking into their back. 

They slowly turned around and saw the woods Lucy had described. Their eyes widen as they weren't in the wardrobe anymore. They were in Narnia.