chapter 3

THE PEVENSIES WERE currently inspecting Cair Paravel trying to find out what had happened to the place they had once called home. Edmund saw something peculiar and bent down to get a closer look. He saw a boulder with ruins on it, the same ruins Hecta had on her spell book and her necklace she always wore.

"Catapults." Edmund said.

"What?" Peter said with a confused expression on his face.

"This didn't just happen, Cair Paravel was attacked." Edmund said with a sad face.

"Those ruins look familiar." Susan admitted.

"The same ruins were from Hecta's spell book and the necklace she always wore. Either she caused it or tried to stop it." Edmund told them.

"But why would she cause it?" Lucy asked.

"Idk Lu." Edmund said in a small voice.

"Hecta always did something for a reason." Cat told them making them all agree. Cat missed her bestfriend and now they're back years later she wasn't sure she was alive.

PETER AND EDMUND walked over to a wall near by and starting moving it to reveal a secret door. Peter then grabbed a rock and broke the door down. He then started to rip his shirt and take a piece of it and wrapped it around a stick.

"I dont suppose you have any matches do you?" He asked Edmund.

"No but-" He starting going through his bag and pulled out a torch."- would this help." He said laughing.

"You might've mentioned that a bit sooner!" Peter said causing everyone to laugh.

They started to walk down the stairs and walked into the treasure chamber where Hecta had stored their things. They all rushed towards the four chests except for Peter who walked slowly behind them.

"I can't believe it. It's all here." Peter said.

"I was so tall." Lucy said holding out one of her dresses and hugging it.

"Well you were older then." Susan said with a smile.

" As opposed to hundreds of years later when you were younger." Edmund said with a helmet that was too big for him.

He looked back in the chest and saw a red velvet box. He felt his stomach drop. Susan noticed his face drop and walked over to him

"Ed what's wrong." She asked curiously.

"This is Hecta's ring. She put it back in her box or someone else did." Susan comforted her little brother he didn't cry but Susan knew deep down his heart was aching.

Whilst Edmund found Hecta's ring ,Peter had then picked up a golden shield that had Aslan carved into it. He blew the dust of it and admired it for a couple of seconds before slowly walking towards his chest with Cat by his side as she could tell he was nervous.

Susan had gone back to her chest when she noticed something missing and started rooting through her chest to see if it really wasn't there or if her eyes were playing tricks on her. But she didn't find it anywhere.

"What is it?" Lucy asked.

"My horn. I must've left it on my saddle the day we went back." Susan said.

Peter opened his chest and took out his sword and started to read inscription. "When Aslan bears his teeth, winter meets its death."

"And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again." Lucy said finishing it off for him. "Everyone we knew Mr. Tumnus, the Beavers and Hecta they're all gone." Cat could feel the tears making the way into her eyes and Peter noticed to and pulled her into his chest.