chapter 21

IT WAS AN IMPORTANT NIGHT FOR CAT as it was her first date with Peter. He had finally asked her on a date as he finally gained the courage from Susan threatening to hurt him if he didn't. He didn't expect to say yes but she did and he was over joyed.

Hecta was possibly more happy for Cat than Cat was for herself. Hecta's nightmares had been getting worse again recently and Cat had been sleeping in Hecta's room to keep her from setting Cair Paravel up in flames.

So whilst Cat would be out tonight she told Edmund to sleep in the nearest room next to Hecta's. She had decided to tell him about her nightmares and told him to be prepared at all times. His heart broke for Hecta and has done ever since she had lost her sister on the battlefield. So as the night came he prepared himself to her her scream and shout. He didn't care about himself not sleeping as long as he could help her, he would be fine.

Hecta wandered through the woods behind her castle on her new mission. Kill anyone that came near the castle. It was her mothers orders and Hecta couldn't disobey unless she wanted to go a week without food and a good beating.

All Hecta was trained for was to kill. Kill.Kill.Kill. And show no sympathy for those who she had killed and do not mourn. Her mother always said that 'showing emotions is for weak people and we are not people, we are better.' Hecta didn't see herself as better than the poor, innocent Narnians but she still had to kill them for her safety, for Jadis' safety.

Hecta had saw something flies through the woods. She reached for her bow and arrow as he hand shook ever so slightly. She had decided today she would set the end of the arrow with fire to kill the Narnia what she has hoped would be quicker. So she fired the arrow and heard a familiar scream. Edmunds scream.

She rushed towards him and tried to put the fire out as he screamed for help but she couldn't. It was like all her magic had been washed away. She felt like someone was laughing at her but she didn't know who.

She tried again to put the fire out when she felt a slap against her cheek. It was Medea.

"You Hecta Murik Kirke are weak! And deserve to see those who you truly care about perish because they will perish one way or the other." Medea said in a dark voice making Hecta scream a she watch Edmund have a slow and painful death.

Then the forest started fading and she felt someone hold her. The smell of turkish delights went through her nose as she realised she was in her bedroom. Edmund had Hecta lay on his chest as he stroked her hair trying to get her to calm down after waking her from her sleep. Hecta cried and cried until she couldn't and then she wrapped her arms around Edmund and apologised for hurting him he was confused but he accepted it anyways as they both slowly drifted off to sleep.

When Hecta woke up she found herself with her head on Edmunds chest. She didn't want to move as she was too comfy. She then remembered how Edmund had been there for her and how he never once gave up on making sure she was alright. Edmund Pevensie was too good to be true. She listened to the sound of his heartbeat for a while until he had woken up when she acted to be asleep.

When he woke up he looked down on Hecta and saw her 'asleep' peacefully he smiled. He then kissed the top of her head making a small blush creep up on Hecta's face.

"You should never be an actor" Edmund said knowing that she was awake as she moved her head of his chest and lied next to him so she could see him better.

"I think I would be an amazing actor actually." She said with a smile making him smile too. "Oh yeah and thanks for being there for me last night I really needed that so thank you."

"It was no problem." He said as his eyes started to flutter close making Hecta laugh.

"You can go asleep if u want to. You don't have to stay awake." Hecta said with a smile.

"But I want to talk with you" He said as he wrapped his arms around her again. She didn't mind it at all. In fact she really liked it.

"You can talk to me later" She said and with that he fell asleep. Hecta could of moved out of his arms but she didn't want to. Hecta had learned something from this experience. She had fallen for Edmund or maybe she just liked him all along. But whatever it was she knew that she liked him a lot and didn't want to lose him to anyone.