chapter 13

THE NEXT MORNING, Lucy, Susan and Edmund were sat at the table eating their breakfast while Peter . They decided to let Hecta wake up at her own time not wanting to anger a witch especially after they saw her outburst yesterday.

"Narnia isn't going to run out of toast Ed." Lucy says as Edmund was eating as much toast as humanly possible.

Hecta stepped out of her, Lucy and Susan's tent whilst the Pevensies stared at her Edmund and Lucy smiled slightly while Peter and Susan just looked at her. She started walking towards the table and grabbed a piece of toast and was headed to leave before Edmund grabbed her wrist.

"Sit down we don't bite." Susan said with a smile wanting to become friends with the girl and got into a conversation with her.

"I'm sure you can pack some toast for the journey back." Peter said to his siblings but Hecta felt like it wasn't her place to say anything.

"Were leaving?" Susan asked confused.

"I'm not, you are." Peter said to Susan "I promised Mum I would keep you three safe but there's not reason I can't stay."

"But they need us." Lucy said "All five of us." Hecta looked up and sent Lucy a small smile.

"Lucy it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" 

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund said causing everyone too look at him.

"I've seen what the White Witch can do and I've helped her do it and we can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." Hecta felt bad for him. He shouldn't have gone through what his sister did to him.

"Well its settled then." Susan said getting up from her spot and walked over too her bow and arrow.

"Where are you going?" Peter asked.

"To get in some practise." She said with a smirk  and walked off Lucy following behind.

"Are you not going with them?" Edmund asked. She opened her mouth to reply but Oreius cut in.

"Bows aren't my thing." Hecta said making Edmund think of something.

"You could train me and Peter." Edmund said as she smiled at her.

"I'm not sure-"

"Come on." He said cutting her off. "Think of it as a way of saying sorry for being rude to you when I first met you." 

"Fine." She said making Edmund and Peter smile.

"Then you're gonna need this." Oreius said handing her the sword which she smiled at him. "I had to practically wrestle the fauns at the gate for this. You must've really messed them up." Oreius said making Hecta laugh.

"Thank you." She told the centaur. "And I can't teach both of them so I think you should help." She said as Oreius nodded and started walking towards the training area whilst Hecta nodded for the two boys to follow. 

"COME ON ED! KEEP YOUR SWORD UP!" Susan and Lucy heard Hecta shout as she Oreius, Edmund and Peter came running in. All on horses except Oreius.

Suddenly, Mr beaver came running towards them causing Edmund horse jump making Edmund nearly fall.

"Woah horsey!" Edmund exclaimed.

"My name is Philip." The horse replied causing Hecta to snigger.

"Oh sorry." Edmund said.

"You better come quick the White Witch has requested a meeting with Aslan." He said causing Hecta to panic slightly. She took her sword of her side and gave it to Peter to look after.

"If she sees this-." She said pointing to her initials. "-she will know I'm alive and that she's not the only witch. She will try and stop me got it?" She said but when she didn't get her answer she made her eyes go red to show that she was serious. He nodded and she ran off to Aslan's tent but to her surprise was greeted by a faun. Outside, Jadis' dwarf could be heard shouting that the 'Queen of Narnia' has arrived.

"Did you get your wand?" The faun asked worried.

Hecta's eyes widen in realization. "Shit" she breathed out.

"I'll go get it."

"Wait!" She said causing the faun to turn back on her heel. "It's too late to get it. I had to see her anyways why not let it be now." If only the faun knew Hecta always kept her wand by her side and never left anywhere without it so it would be weird for her to leave outside by accident.