chapter 23

THE NEXT DAY after Alyssa's stunt. Hecta walked calmly into the dining room and met with Alyssa very close to Edmund. Hecta swallowed down all of the jealous and angry she could as sat her in spot. After a free conversations Alyssa spoke up towards Hecta.

"Hecta did you sleep well?" Everyone was confused by this and Hecta acted like the rest of the people sat at the table.

"Why do you ask?" Hecta asked putting on her confused face as Alyssa tried to think of what to say.

"W-well I heard Edmund say that you have trouble sleeping and would have nightmares." She stumbled making Hecta try her hardest not to smirk at.

"Well actually, even though I don't seem to understand how any of this is your concern, I had the most wonderful dream and could of slept for years." She said with the fakest smile but no one would of guess as they all smiled except for Alyssa who looked down at her plate.

Alyssa thought she did everything right and thought her plan would go well. But she underestimated The Mistress Of Fire which will be her downfall.

*
Alyssa spent her whole day studying in the library. She was trying to understand why her injection "didn't work" but that still didn't explain about what happened to the paint she wrote on Hecta's mirror.

She was searching all about spells but it said she did everything right. She searched until the sun was setting thats when she realised Hecta knew. She knew it was her. But did she know her full plan?Alyssa walked down to her room when Mr Tumnus came up to her.

"Miss Alyssa, there will be a big dinner tonight and the Pevensies have insisted you be there."He smiled but she was only met with a nod.

And when she walked in to her chamber she saw something on her walls. Something she will never get out of her head. Blood dripped down her lovely wall. She knew it wasn't paint like she had used because it was much darker and stunk.

And it read out 'Game On'. Alyssa knew she shouldn't of targeted her but it was too late now.

The only reason she went for Hecta was due to how much Edmund talked about her and how he looked at her over dinner. She thought if she wrecked Hecta so emotionally he would forget about her. But no one does that to the Mistress Of Fire and gets away with it and Alyssa knows that. Her blood on the walls was nothing more but a warning. The real thing was yet to come.

A/N This is a filler chapter so I'm sorry it's so short but I needed to end it like this :)