chapter 12

CASPIAN WAS TRYING TO FIND ASLAN as today was the day Telmarines could chose to stay in Narnia or leave and go to the Pevensies world. But what Caspian did not expect to see was Susan,Peter and Cat crying as they took a walk with Aslan. Caspian thought he should leave but Aslan cut off him off making him turn back around.

"We are ready. Everyone as assembled." Caspian told them before walking off to get ready.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarine's who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian said to the large crowd.

"It has been generations since we left Telmar." One Telmarine said in the crowd.

"We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world the same world as our kings and queens." Hecta said referring to the Pevensies.

"It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wish to make a new start." Aslan said.

There was an awkward silence for a while until Glozelle spoke up in the crowd.

"I'll go. I will accept the offer." He said proudly.

"So will we." Miraz's wife, Prunaprismia, said as another Telmarine lord walked up with them. They walked towards Aslan and stand in front of him

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good." He breathed on them and they made their way towards that had move and created a round opening. When they went through they vanished earning gasps from the crowd.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our deaths?!" A Telmarine shouted

"Sire, if my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice though with no delay." Reepicheep said to Aslan but Aslan looked towards Peter.

"We'll go." Peter making everyone's eyes go wide with shock and Hecta and Caspian and turn to look at them.

"We will?" Edmund asked not breaking eye contact with Hecta.

"Come on. Our time's up." Peter said before walking towards Caspian and Hecta handing Caspian his sword. "After all, we're not really needed here anymore." Peter said referring to Hecta and Caspian.

"I will look after it until your return." Caspian said making Susan step towards them.

"I'm afraid that's just it. ... We're not coming back." Susan said making tears form in Hecta's eyes.

"What." She said barely above a whisper. They had just come back and now their leaving forever.

"We're not?" Lucy said.

"You are." Peter said looking at Aslan. " At least, I think he means you two."

"But why? Did they do something wrong?" Lucy asked Aslan.

"Quite the opposite, dear one. But all things have their time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to live in their own." Aslan replied.

"It's alright, Lu. It's not how I thought it would be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too." Peter said before being tackled in a hug by Hecta as she quietly cried on his shoulder.

"I'll miss you, brother." Hecta said making tears form in Peters eyes before Hecta turned to Susan and pulled her in a hug.

Hecta never thought this day would come. She never knew she would have to say goodbye to both of her best friends. They had become like her family. The family she always wanted. What would Hecta do without her best friend. What would she do with her encouraging words when she nervous about something. Who would she tell stories about Edmund to. Who would cheer her up the way only Susan could. Hecta's heart hurt.

Susan and Hecta just stayed their hugging crying into each others shoulder before Hecta let her say goodbye to other people.

"Are you going too?" Hecta asked Cat which made her nod and pull Hecta in for a big hug.

"You take care of yourself okay. No more getting attacked and nearly dying." Cat said making Hecta laugh.

"I'll try my best." Hecta said as they pulled away. "We'll meet again Caterina, don't you worry."

Hecta stood in the corner watching them say their goodbyes not knowing how long it will be until Lucy and Edmund come back.

She watched Lucy hug Trumpkin as Peter said goodbye to Glenstorm. Then she looked towards Caspian and Susan and she smiled at the two knowing about how they feel about each other.

"I'm glad I came back." Susan said to Caspian.

"I wish we had more time together." Caspian replied.

"It would never have worked anyway." Susan said making Caspian's face drop slightly.

"Why not?"

"I am 1300 years older than you." She said laughing slightly before turning to walk off but then all of a sudden she turns back and kisses him making the crowd gasp and Hecta smile. They embraced in a hug before Susan walked off towards her siblings.

"I'm sure when I'm older I‟ll understand." Lucy said.

"I'm older and don't think I want to understand." Edmund said before Peter nudged him to go to Hecta who had moved back near to Caspian.

Edmund walked over to her and grabbed her face and kissed her making the crowd smile. Once they had finished they place their heads together enjoying the last of their company.

"Dont take as long as last time." Hecta said making Edmund laugh as they gave each other one last hug before he made his way back to his siblings.

Susan,Peter and Cat took one last look at Narnia and took it all in before they walked through the tree and before they knew it they were back at the train station. Lucy went to look back at Narnia but they were gone and replaced by a brick wall. They train had arrived and the boy Susan was talking to came over to them.

"Aren't you coming, Phyllis?" The boy said making Lucy, Peter and Edmund stare at each other before they went on to the train. And Cat laugh behind the tears.

Once they were on the train Edmund starts rummaging through his bag making his siblings and Cat look at him.

"Do you think there's any way we could get back?" Edmund said still looking through his bag. "I've left my new torch in Narnia!" He then said making his siblings laugh at him.

It had been a couple days since the Pevensies left again. Hecta was currently helping the Narnians build houses in the woods when Trumpkin came up to her and handed her something in a box.

She took it after muttering a "Thank you." She placed the box on a log and knelt beside it. She opened the box and her eyes glimmered as she looked at Edmunds new torch sat there. She decided to engrave her initials in it and kept it for Edmund when he will return