prologue 2

ON MAY 26TH, Medea had given birth to the most precious baby anyone had ever seen. They cherished for many years. They had hoped to have had a ice/water powered daughter or a daughter who could control the land of Narnia like Medea could. But they were wrong as their worst nightmare came true. Their daughter was a fire witch and the found out the hard way.

Baby Hecta had set the house on fire nearly killing her parents and herself. They coward in fear and didn't give her the one thing a child needed to survive. Love. As Hecta grew up she was isolated from her family and was hardly ever allowed to leave her room and was never allowed to use her powers until she could control them. But when Hecta turned 3 years old, Medea had given birth to Jadis much to their joy. They had finally let Hecta be with them as the Narnian's praised the "happy" family but they never noticed the pain behind Hecta's smile. Even her smile was fake at such a young age.

As time went on, Noel became a cruel, heartless man and all the Narnians saw it. Noel knew about Medea enchanting him to enter Narnia but he didn't care anymore. All he craved was power and so did Medea. Medea's gorgeous tanned skinned disappeared and become very pale as her eyes didn't show love in them anymore, they showed evil and thirst. She didn't care that much about her children. In all facts she hated children. But as Hecta grew older she started to become gorgeous ,and Medea hated it with a passion. Sometimes Hecta would be punished for being beautiful and other times Medea's excuse was that she looked to much like someone she used to know.

For many years, Medea had tried to get rid of Hecta's powers but she was too strong but she had managed to keep the most important parts of Hecta's powers so far hidden in Hecta's body it would take great power to unleashed it. 

As Hecta grew up without love and care, she didn't care about anything else. All she wanted was her mother and father's approval over the mission they sent her on. But as she went on more, more and more missions and still didn't get their approval she grew angry and her powers were fed on anger. She became known as the most dangerous, ruthless out of her family if that was even possible. 

The Kirke family became the most dangerous family in the whole of Narnia. Narnians always used nursery rhymes about them to teach there kids not to be bad and told them that the most beautiful and caring witch who had control over Narnia became untrustworthy.

But a prophecy came to place which made Noel and Medea angry.

A girl will slay,
The people who caught their pray,
But not all,

The one whose heart is raw,

Will wait for the humans again.

Out of anger, they sent Hecta to kill the Dryads who wrote the prophecy. But once Hecta saw the Dryads huddle together as they stood in front of their children trying to protect them. Her heart broke and for once she didn't want to please her parents. All she wanted was the baby dryads to live their life's with their parents. So before the Dryads could attack Hecta she left making them all look confused. She entered her dark and cold house and went forward to where her parents sat. She bowed in front of them her eyes on the ground as they hated eye contact.

"Did you do it?" Medea asked coldly as she sat their looking tall and strong

"Yes." Hecta lied. "Your majesty."

"Good." Noel said and for once Hecta thought she was going to get the approval she had craved for all these years. But that hope was short lived as her father spoke again. "Now get out of my sight." She did as she was told and entered the whole only to find Jadis there.

Hecta and Jadis had a strong bond. Jadis was always there for Hecta and Hecta was always there for her. Whenever Jadis got hurt and needed healing Hecta was there. And whenever Hecta was angry Jadis was there to calm her down.

But there Jadis stood with tears in her eyes as she looked at her sister. She knew Hecta was ruthless but she never knew she was thought cold enough to kill a whole species.

"Did you really do it?" Jadis said in a whisper as they both walked up to their chambers. Hecta could hear the disappointment in her voice but Hecta didn't care. In order to not get killed, her family had to think she had killed the Dryads.

"Yes." She said as Jadis took a sharp inhale. Even though Jadis was 13 she still cared. Which was more than what Hecta could do when she was 13. Not wanting to deal with Jadis' questions she locked herself in her room. She knew they would find out soon enough and when she did she would depend on the prophecy to be true.