chapter 10

ONCE THEY HAD GOTTEN OUT OF THE HOLE, they made the way straight towards the boats in silence. Edmund had tried to make his way towards Hecta but she didn't want to talk to him.

"What food did you find?" Caspian asked the crew as they looked in the basket and hardly saw any food but didn't complain.

"It's volcanic, Your majesty. Not much grows." Rhince told him.

Hecta then went to wash her hand in the ocean causing her to wince and Edmund walk over to her and pulled her hand out the water and inspected the cut making Hecta look up at him.

"It's pretty deep. I could ask Lucy to use her cordial on it." He told her.

"Ed-" She tried to say but he cut her off not looking up from her hand.

"It's either that or stitches." He said then groaned putting the cloth back on her cut and pressing deep making her wince. "Why did you do that? I didn't want you to get hurt last thing I wanted Hec."

"What and I should of let it hit Caspian instead?" She said making him look up at her before looking back at her hand.

"He would of moved." Edmund said

"But he wasn't moving Ed. By the time he realised what was going on her would be seriously hurt." She said as she say Edmund move up her sleeve and saw the sword had not only slash her but burnt her arm. Guilt formed in his eyes and they started watering.

"I'm sorry." He said just above a whisper as a tear fell down Hecta caught it with her other hand.

"It's not your fault." She said making him look up at her and then kiss her burnt skin slightly brought comfort to her and just as he was about to tell her something Lucy spoke up.

"Where's Eustace?" Lucy asked making them Edmund help Hecta up and walk towards Lucy.

"I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats." Reepicheep said making Hecta sigh.

"Eustace!" Lucy shouted. "Eustace!" But the only reply she got was the steam hissing. "Edmund I've got a bad feeling." She said turning towards her brother.

"I'll go find him." He said pecking Hecta on the lips.

"I'll come with you." Caspian said and they walked of together.

"Be careful!" Hecta told them making them smile at her whilst her and Lucy went to help.

It had been quite some time since Edmund and Caspian had left to go look for Eustace and Lucy and Hecta were quite worried. Lucy had given Hecta her cordial no matter how many times she said she was fine when it was obvious that she wasn't. Lucy and Hecta were now currently on deck when Lucy ,and the rest of the crew, heard roar where as Hecta heard a pained scream making everyone look around and Lucy turn to Drinian.

"What was that?" She with a confused look on her face whilst Drinian had the same old stern look expression. But when he saw fire coming in between the mountains of the island his expression became more scared.

"Is it the volcano?" Gael asked whilst Hecta stared out into the hills trying to make out where she had heard the some-what familiar scream come from.

"Oh no....that's no volcano." Drinian said before shouting at the crew members to get ready making Hecta run after him.

"It's only a boy no need to get ready." Hecta told them making Drinian and everyone look at her but after a few seconds they bursted out laughing making Hecta look confused.

"I'm sorry your majesty, but we don't have time for your jokes." Drinian said leaving a confused Hecta. "Archers, arm yourselves!" He shouted.

And that's when she heard it. Wings flapping together as it flew high. But it's voice sounded so familiar as it screamed for help she could hardly hear it until it came closer. It was Eustace. Hecta ran towards Drinian telling him to stand down but he wouldn't listen making Hecta angry.

"Fine. You wont listen. I guess I'll just have to make you stand down." She said as she used her powers to put a shield block where the arrows where going to hit Eustace but Hecta didn't see the small the mouse climb and jump towards where Eustace was holding onto the mast of the boat and stab him in the paw making him fly away whilst making Drinian shout at Hecta which turned into a massive argument.

Hecta was about to give up with Drinian shouted when the wind of Eustace's wings knocked Hecta over quite harshly making her have no control over the cross bows. She heard screaming above Eustace's shouting and it was Edmund making Lucy run up to her.

"Hecta! Do something!" Lucy pleaded making Hecta shrug her shoulders.

"He'll be fine." She said walking towards the cross bows.

Just as she was about to make a fire shield around the bows Drinian grabbed her make her gasp.

"Don't even think about it." He said but just as Hecta was about to say something Eustace dropped Edmund making all bows aim towards him.

"Stand down!" Edmund said standing protectively in front of Eustace. "And you" He said pointing towards Drinian who still had hold of Hecta. "Let her go." He said making Drinian let Hecta go and told the crew to stand down making Hecta walk off angry.

"Ed. Aren't you going to go after he?" Lucy asked.

"No. She needs to cool down but I have something to tell you."