chapter 16

PETER AND OREIUS WERE WAITING ON A HILL for the other team to arrive when a gryphon came towards the duo to tell them where they are.

"They come, your highness, in numbers and weapons much greater than ours!" The gryphon who had landed next to them said.

"Numbers don't win battles." Oreius said trying to calm Peter and give him a bit of confidence.

"No but I bet they help." Peter said quietly.

In the distance Jadis army covered the land. But right in the centre was Jadis and Hecta riding a sledge which was being pulled by polar bears. Next to their army they looked more powerful compared to Peter's. But when Peter saw Hecta he grew angry with what she did.

"I have no interest in prisoners. Kill them all." Jadis said to her army that started charging towards the Narnians on Hecta's commanded.  Gryphons ,from the other team, flew over Jadis' army and started dropping rocks onto them whilst Hecta and Jadis stayed behind.

"Are you sure about this?" Jadis asked her sister.

"Of course." Hecta smirked but in reality she wasn't. It wasn't right but she had to do it.

"Are you with me?" Peter asked Oreius from the other side.

"To the death." Oreius said. 

"FOR NARNIA AND FOR ASLAN!" Peter shouted and everyone started charging towards Jadis' army.

After some time, Jadis' army were taking out half of Peter's. Hecta was too busy fighting anyone who can near the sledge on Jadis' orders but she didn't kill them just sent them to sleep when Jadis wasn't looking.

"Fall back! Draw them to the rocks!" Peter shouted.

"I'm off." Hecta told Jadis who only nodded in response she wanted to talk to Peter. So she jumped off the sledge and made her way towards his unicorn when an idea came to her head.

"Sorry Unicorn." She muttered as she got an bow off one of the dwarfs and shot it right at Peter's unicorn causing it to fall over and Peter with it. 

He looked up to see who hit him and saw the girl who said she had can't use a bow use it perfectly. It made him angry but turned to Oreius and a Rhino who were making their way towards Jadis' Sledge which wouldn't end well.

"NO!" Peter and Hecta said in unison only Hecta whispered it and Peter screamed it.

Oreius got onto Jadis' carriage and swung for her but she ducked over and avoided his sword. But while he was distracted Jadis' stabbed him and turned him into stone. Hecta had no clue if Peters army was going to win.

Peter saw Hecta just standing there and leaped towards her but she easily blocked him. They were in an intense battle and Hecta was definitely winning. Other people from Jadis' army tried to get involved which made Peter realise that he was surrounded.

"Ed there are too many of! Get out of here! Get the girls and get them home!" Peter shouted to his younger brother as Hecta knocked Peter off his feet and she motioned for Jadis army to go away.

"Come on, you heard him!" Mr beaver said trying to grab Edmunds hand and get his attention away from the battle below. Edmund was about to go but he saw Jadis go closer to Peter and Hecta and didn't want his brother to die.

"Peter said to go!" Mr beaver shouted at him as she he tried to yank him back.

"Peter's not king yet!" Edmund retorted.

Edmund started to run towards the hill and jumped in front of Jadis with a determined look on his face. Jadis then tried to stab Edmund but he dodged it and cut it in half with his sword which made Hecta and Peter look up in shock. Hecta was frozen and Peter took this to his advantage and stabbed her making her yelp slightly as she stumbled over. Edmund and Jadis started having a sword fight until Edmund sword gets knocked out his hand. Jadis' went to stab Edmund again but Hecta who had stumbled across pushed him out of the way making Peter and Edmund confused.