chapter 3

ON THE DRAGONS HEAD ,which was at the end of the boat, stood Reepicheep as he was singing a song that he had learnt growing up.

"When sky and water meet. Where the waves grow ever sweat. Doubt not you, Reepicheep. To find all that you seek. There is the utter East. Doubt not-"

"That's pretty." Lucy said making Reepicheep jump a little.

"Oh, Thank you." He said moving closer to Lucy. "A dryad sang it to me when I was just a mouseling. I cant divine the meaning but, uh, I've never forgotten the words."

"What do you think is past the Lone Islands, Reep?" Lucy asked.

"Well, I've been told the furthest east one can sail is to the end of the world- Aslan's country." Reepicheep told the young girl.

"Do you really believe there's such place?" She asked with a bright smile.

"Well, we have nothing if not belief."

"So you think you could actually sail there?"

"Well, there is only one way of finding that out. I can only hope one day I will earn the right to see it. "Your majesty." He said before he went back to the tip of the dragon.

Lucy looked over the side of the boat and saw mermaids swimming like clear dolphins made out of only water. One waved at Lucy making Lucy smile and wave back.

On the deck, Caspian and Edmund were having a duel as the crew egged them on. There swords scraped and clashed together and occasionally blocking it. Edmund went from Caspian's leg making Caspian move his leg over Edmunds head. As Edmund turned around and aimed for Caspian but he blocked it. Edmund then went for Caspian's hair making Caspian move under the sword and smirk. Caspian then went for Edmund only to be blocked again as they both had huge smirks plastered across their faces. Their swords clashed as Caspian spun around the swords nearly hitting Edmund. They move their swords around in a circle until they held their swords at each others neck and smiled as they hadn't done that together in years.

"You've grown stronger my friend." Caspian told Edmund.

"Seems I have." Edmund replied still with a smirk plastered across his face.

"All right! Back to work!" Drinian shouted.

"Having fun?" Hecta asked Edmund as he made his way over to her.

"Yep." He said placing a kiss on her head and wrapping his arms around her

"Edmund." Lucy said making them both turn there head to Lucy. "Do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world we will just...tip if the edge?" She asked.

"Dont worry Lu, we're a long way from there." Edmund told her

"I see your still talking about nonsense and now you have your arms wrapped around a stranger, dont you know better cousin then to go off with random girls." Eustace said standing next to Edmund.

"Technically, I'm not a stranger. In fact, Edmund knows me pretty well." She told Eustace making Edmund spit out his drink.

"Are you feeling better?" Lucy asked Eustace.

"Yes, no thanks to you or her." Eustace said.

"My names Hecta." Hecta told Eustace.

"What kind of a name is that for a human." Eustace said making Hecta, Edmund and Lucy laugh making him more confused.

"As effervescent as ever I see." Reepicheep coming over to the small group. "Found your sea legs?"

"Never lost them. Simply dealing with the shock of things. Mother says I have a acute disposition due to my intelligence." Eustace said making Edmund spit out his drink again and Hecta to uncontrollably laugh whilst Lucy laughed quietly.