chapter 28

EDMUND WAS CURRENTLY talking to his siblings about what to do for his and Hecta's anniversary. He wanted to make it special for her like he did with their past anniversary's but he wanted to do something big on this one.

"I think i'm gonna ask Hecta to marry me." Edmund said making choke of his drink.

"Your, what?" Peter said making sure he heard it correctly. He never thought his little brother would ever get engaged but he knew there was something special about Hecta.

"I'm going to propose to Hecta." Edmund said again with a smile on his face. "I've got it planned out, I've even got the ring." He grabbed the ring from his pocket and showed Peter. It was a dark gold with diamonds on the top of it and it had a shimmer to the band it was sat on.

"Ed, that is so beautiful." Susan said as she grabbed the ring and showed Lucy.

"I need your help to plan it though." He said looking at Susan and Lucy.

"Leave it to us." Lucy said as her and Susan began planning.

*

Hecta had gotten ready for what she thought would only be a date with Edmund. She was wearing a slimming dark red dress that perfectly showed off her curves as well as her gold necklaces that Lucy had given to her for Christmas.

Once she was ready she went outside her dressing room and couldn't find Edmund anywhere. She asked so many servants and they just shrugged and walked away back to their job. Then she spotted Lucy.

"Lucy, have you seen Edmund?" Hecta asked making Lucy smile and give her a note.

go to the place where we had our first date
-Edmund

So Hecta made her way to the beach when she saw candles lit down on the way to the beach. Hecta was in shock at how he managed to do this so quickly. When she was walking down the steps to the beach she felt like a princess which made her feel like she was special.

When she got to the bottom of the stairs she saw roses and even more candles showing a path to where she has to walk. Then she saw a tall silhouette standing in the middle of roses making her smile.

"Hey." She said making him smile as he leaned in for a kiss. "What's with all this?" She asked as Edmund got down on one knee making Hecta gasp in shock.

"Hecta, if someone had told me all those years ago that I would go into another world and meet the love of my life, I wouldn't have believed it. I never understood love until I met you. Even when I first met you I had so many feelings about you that I didn't understand because I was a stupid boy so I was cruel to you. But even thought I was stupid you still showed me how much you cared about me. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met and without you my world would descend into chaos. We have faced so many challenges together and by the end of it we will always have eachother. My siblings love you and everything you have done for them. You always put us first and I'm so grateful for all the times you have protected us. And even after all this time i still look at you the same way i've always done. I look at you as if you put the stars into the sky. Now will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Edmund said making Hecta and himself tear up.

"Yes." She said making him get up to his feet. "Yes of course i will." Edmund grabbed her face a passionately kissed her as if there was no tomorrow. Hecta heard some people cheering from afar and she saw the Pevensie's and Cat making their way down towards them. Hecta knew this is where she wants to be for the rest of her life.