chapter 2

IT HAD BEEN A WHILE since Lucy had went Mr Tumnus' house and Hecta was starting to grow nervous. She had thought the faun had betrayed her and that the plan to dethrone Jadis was over. But her thoughts were put at ease when she Lucy and Mr Tumnus run towards the lamppost. She could see tears glisten in his eyes. Lucy noticed this too and gave him her handkerchief and he wiped his eyes with it. He tried to hand back the ,now, soggy handkerchief but she refused to take it. 

"Keep it, you need it more than I do." She said which made him smile. He had never had a friend like Lucy before and that made him so happy. He leaned forward and hug Lucy quite tightly incase they never saw each other again.

"Now go, go!" He said as she ran back towards were she had entered Narnia. Once she was gone Mr Tumnus heard a rumbling in the bushes so with one last glance at where Lucy had gone and spoke again. "You can come out now." He said as Hecta emerged from out of the bushes. Her hood was off as she trusted herself around the faun.

"I'm surprised you let her free." Hecta admitted leaning against the tree closest to her.

"Why?" The faun asked the girl who had become his friend over the last couple of years.

"Because I thought you would let her sneak into your thoughts and her rules." She said taking her weight off the tree. "But you didn't and I'm proud of you." She started to walk away off in the opposite direction to Mr Tumnus' house just incase Jadis already knew.

"Hecta." He said making her turn around to face him. "When will this be over?" 

"Soon. But don't worry if she gets you 'coz I promise I will try and find you." She said making him nod as she put her hood over her head. "Goodbye Tumnus." And just like they she was gone.

Lucy was panicking. She thought her siblings would be looking around the enormous manor for her with the help Mrs Macready and Professor Diggory. She sprinted out of the wardrobe and fell onto the wooden floor. Which hurt a lot on her knees but all she cared about was her family knowing she was safe. She ran out of the attic room and back to the hallway Edmund was hiding in.

"I'm back! I'm back its alright!" Lucy shouted as she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Shhhh he's coming" Edmund snapped as he stuck his head out from the curtain annoyed at the fact his little sister had possibly given away his hiding spot. He then huffed when Peter came around the corner making him get out from behind the curtains.

"You know I don't think you two have quite gotten the idea of this game." Peter said as he saw his younger siblings standing in the middle of the hallway.

"But weren't you wondering where I was?" Lucy asked now confused due to her being in Narnia for hours.

"That's point! That's why he was seeking you!" Edmund snapped back. he was angry that he had got forced to play Hide and Seek and was now annoyed that it was Lucy's idea to play this game and now she had given away his hiding spot.

"Does this mean I win?" Susan asked suddenly coming into the room with a smile on her face as she had overhead all of Lucy's shouting from where she was hiding.

"I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore." Peter told his sister wondering why Lucy didn't want to play.

"But I've been gone for hours?" Lucy said as her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as well as her siblings.

She had told her siblings about Narnia and how she met a faun called Mr Tumnus and how Narnia was set in eternal winter. The other Pevensies didn't believe Lucy as how could someone go from a wardrobe into a magical land? They searched the wardrobe to see what Lucy was going on about. 

Edmund knocked on the back of the wardrobe to see if the wardrobe was connected to the wall and if there was a forest behind it, but there wasn't. Susan went inside the wardrobe trying to see if there was a forest behind all the coats, but there wasn't. 

"The only wood back here is the back of the wardrobe." Susan told the girl wondering how Lucy had come up with the story.

"One game at a time Lu, we don't all have your imagination." Peter said as they all turned back to the door ready to leave the room.

"But I wasn't imagining !" Lucy shouted at them which turned them all to stare at the youngest Pevensie.

"That's enough Lucy" Susan snapped not wanting to deal with Narnia anymore.

"I wouldn't lie about this!"

"Well I believe you." Edmund said making everyone look towards him.

"You do?" Lucy said confused as too why Edmund would believe her. 

"Yeah, didn't I tell you about the football field I found in the bathroom cupboard?" He said sarcastically with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Oh would you just stop" Peter said to Edmund making Edmund turn around annoyed that he couldn't sense his tone. "You just make everything worse don't you!"

"It was just a joke!" Edmund argued back.

"When are you going to learn to grow up." This is enough to make Edmund angry. Ever since their dad went away at war Peter had felt like he had to be the father figure since he was the oldest of the four.

"SHUT UP YOU THINK YOUR DAD BUT YOUR NOT!" Edmund screamed and then walked away.

"Well that was nicely handled." Susan said sarcastically to Peter before following Edmund.

"It really was there." Lucy said in a small voice with tears glistening in her eyes.

"Susan's right. That's enough." He said before following the others leaving Lucy stood in the spare room by herself.

Little did they know Narnia would show itself to them when it chose to.