chapter 25

EDMUND AND HECTA had been together for a month but had never had a proper date due to their busy schedules. But today that was going to change.

Edmund had planned for them to have a picnic on the beach at night with candles lit around. But the next problem was to get Hecta to come out of the castle.

Ever since she put Princess Alyssa to sleep she's been on edge as it's only a matter of time before Alyssa's parents, who are Telmarines, fight back. The Telmarines and Hecta haven't had the best relationship even though Hecta is half Telmarine. The was even a nursery rhyme about Hecta and Jadis and how they would come to haunt you if you were bad. But the only good thing to come out of Alyssa's presence was Edmund now being hers.

It was now evening and Edmund had set up everything and was now knocking on her door with a bouquet of lily's in his hands since they were her favourite flowers.

"Why are you dressed up so posh?" Hecta said as she answered the door.

"Because we are going on a date." He said with a smirk making Hecta smile wider than she ever has. "And these are for you." He said handing her the flowers which she put in vase on the table next to the door.

"So we're we going?" Hecta asked as she grabbed Edmunds hand.

"You'll see." Edmund said as he led her outside of
the castle and onto the ocean. When Hecta saw what Edmund had set up for her she immediately gasped in shock making Edmund smile as she dragged his arm and made them run towards the blanket.

"Oh my God. Ed! You didn't have to do this." She said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him looking into her green eyes.

"I did I wanted to make this special because I really like you and you deserve this." He said then leaning forward to kiss her passionately and then laying down on the blanket.

The stars where beautiful that night and Edmund still couldn't get over Narnia's beauty and especially Hecta's.

"Edmund what is Finchley like?" Hecta asked as she began curious of his world.

"Well in our world there is a war going on so most of Finchley might be destroyed but I'm not too sure. We were living in a Professor's manor which was very beautiful. It had ivy running up and down the walls it was like something out of a book."

"That sounds like what my father used to
describe his old house like to Jadis, he never said it to me. He used to live there with his brother but they didn't get on much. He called him all sorts of names for apparently finding Narnia first but Noel never went back to his brother he stayed her until he- well you know." Hecta said as Edmund found her hand and squeezed it.

"Come on." He said dragging Hecta up making her confused but then he picked her up and ran towards the ocean whilst carrying her. He wanted to chuck her in the water but instead Hecta jumped out of his hairs and decked Edmund make him fall face first into the ocean. Hecta was laughing so much that she didn't even notice Edmund had started to get up and he dragged her in with him.

They spend the rest of there date like that. Enjoying each other's company and having a peaceful time at the beach. It was probably the happiest both of them had ever been.