chapter 15

LATER THAT NIGHT, Lucy was tossing and turning when she realised that Hecta was no longer in her bed. She was confused until she saw two shadows. One of them was Aslan and other she assumed was Hecta. Lucy went over to her sister and tried to wake her up which was a challenge but she somehow managed to. After ages, Susan was awake she saw the shadows and got up. Her and Lucy followed Hecta and Aslan until Aslan stopped and turned around.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed." Aslan says causing Hecta to turn around.

"We couldn't sleep" Lucy said.

"Please Aslan. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asks.

"We would be glad of the company tonight." Hecta said.

Susan walked next to Hecta whilst Lucy was on the other side of Aslan. Susan noticed Hecta was nervous and a bit tensed so she gave her hand a squeeze. Hecta was grateful and smiled at her. They walked a bit further until they got close to the stone table and didn't want the Pevensie girls to be seen.

"It is time. From now on we must go alone. Thank you Susan. Thank you Lucy. And farewell." Aslan said to Susan and Lucy.

Aslan and Hecta knew that they wouldn't go back and that they would stay but out of sight just like Hecta wanted. Once they arrived to the stone table, Jadis' army covered the grounds. They had bright flames and their was a lot more than Hecta thought they would be. They surrounded themselves around the two but when one tried to touch Hecta the flames on their torches went hire and Jadis shouted.

"Come sister. Leave him." She ordered. Hecta looked at Aslan for permission in which he nodded at. 

She then joined Jadis and watched Jadis' army shave him and drag him up to the stone table not caring if they hurt him. She caught a glimpse of Susan and Lucy in the distance but acted like she hadn't seen them. They led Aslan on the table and tied him down so he couldn't escape if he tried. Hecta thought it was unnecessary as he chose to be a sacrifice but her opinion didn't matter.

"Tonight, the Deep magic will be appeased, but tomorrow, we will take Narnia, Forever!" The cheering started to begin again but this time louder it kind of hurt Hecta's ears she then looked towards her sister as she leant down towards Aslan's ear.

"You know, Aslan, I'm a little disappointed in you. Did you really think by giving your life you would save the Human boy and my sister?" She started laughing something her and Hecta did in the wrong situations. "Your giving up your life, and saving no  one. So much for love." The crowd started laughing at the great lion they thought was weak.

"In that knowledge..Despair..and DIE!!"Jadis didn't kill Hecta because she wanted Hecta to feel the emotions she felt when she saw her parents and her body on the floor of their family castle.

Jadis' eyes went black something she inherited from her mother. It made Hecta feel sick to her stomach as she thought how proud Medea and Noel would be of their precious baby white witch but a little part of Hecta was proud

"THE GREAT CAT IS DEAD!!"She shouted whilst outstretching her arms. "General, gather your army and prepare for battle. However short it may be. I suggest you should do the same" She said turning to Hecta.

"Or maybe I dont want to." Hecta said making Jadis' eyes widen as her army were leaving.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Jadis asked.

"I dont want to fight you Jadis." Hecta said making Susan and Lucy become shocked. They trusted her and she let them down. "Your my little sister and if I never would of left knowing you were gonna be lonely. I'm sorry Jadis." And with that sentence Jadis felt like she was 13 again as she wrapped her arms around her older sister.

Hecta could feel Susan and Lucy's faces filled with disgust stare at her as her and Jadis left towards her camp instead of Aslans. Hecta gave one last look at Aslans body then left.

At the camp, the dryad came and woke the two brothers up. His reflexes had kicked in causing him too stick out his sword in front.

"Fear not my princes. I come with tidings of grave news." She explained what had happened but had failed to mention the part that Hecta was still alive.

"It's true, he's gone." Peter said

"So has Hecta." Oreius mumbled.

"Then you'll have to lead us. There's a whole army out there waiting to follow you." Edmund told Peter.

"Aslan believed you could, I do and so did Hecta." Edmund mumbled the last part and looked at the ground but just then a Dryad came back with some more news.

"Princes I got another message from your sister. Jadis hadn't killed Hecta." The dryad said in a soft voice.

"Then where is she?" Peter asked curious.

"With Jadis." Oreius, Peter and Edmund felt their bloods boil they thought Hecta had been kidnapped but the dryad wasn't finished. "By choice." That's when their hearts dropped. They had grown to care and trust for her and she betrayed them.

"Classic Hecta." Oreius said through gritted teeth. 

"I'll lead if through battle and show Hecta why she should never betray us." Peter said as Edmund look up at him with a smile on his face.

"What are your orders?" Oreius asked leaving Peter to explain his plan.