chapter 10

SUSAN AND LUCY were riding in the forest as quick as possible when they noticed some Telmarine soldiers were following them.

"They've seen us." Lucy told Susan making Susan stop the horse and jump off. "What are you doing?" Lucy asked.

"I'm sorry, Lu. It looks like you'll be going alone after all." Susan said making Lucy's horse go whilst she prepared her bow and arrow.

She took down a few Telmarines as they tried to circle her but there was too many for her to get by herself. She took down one more until she got knocked down. One was about to take a blow at her until Caspian came out of no where and kills the Telmarine that had tried to attack her. He rode towards Susan and held his hand out for her.

"Are you sure you won't be needing that horn?" He said with a smug smile on his face.

He stuck his hand out for Susan to take and lifted her up onto his horse. She placed her hand around his waist to support herself which made Caspian feel giddy as butterflies fluttered around in his stomach. He then took off to where Peter was fighting Miraz.

Peter and Miraz were still fighting sometimes they would just repeat the same pattern which was block your head try and strike at their chest but they had now changed it up. Miraz knocked off Peter's helmet and his coif. Peter then swung low and cut's Miraz's leg making him wince and look over at Glozelle who is still holding his crossbow. Miraz then swung for Peter causing him to fall over but he quickly recovered. Miraz then trips Peter as he held his shield up for protection which made Miraz step on his shield making Peter yell. Edmund became anxious for his brother making Hecta grab his hand and squeeze it and give him a reassuring smile even though she wasn't so sure it would end well. Miraz tried to swing for Peter again but he quickly rolled out the way. Peter kept rolling and blocking but then an idea came into his head. He stopped and tripped Miraz. They both quickly get up whilst breathing heavily. Cat was terrified what would happen to him if he got hurt or worse. Peter looks over Miraz' shoulder and saw Caspian and Susan ride up. Panic bubbled in his throat as he thought were Lucy was.

"Does his highness need a respite?" Miraz said.

"Five minutes?" Peter asked.

"Three." Miraz said as they both started limping back to their sides as Cat helped Peter.

"Lucy." Peter said out of breath wondering were his youngest sister is.

"She got through with a little help." Susan said referring to Caspian.

"Thanks." Peter said to Caspian. It was the first nice thing Peter had properly said to Caspian which made Caspian smile a bit.

"Well, you are busy."

"Better get up there, just in case. I don't expect the Telmarines will keep their word." He said looking towards where the archers were stood. Susan went forward and hugged her brother causing him to wince.

"Sorry." Susan said.

"It's alright."

"Keep smiling." Edmund said looking out towards a nervous crowd of Narnians causing Peter to raise his sword and give them a fake smile as they all started cheering.

"How does he look to you?" Miraz asked Sopespian.

"Young." He replied.

"But his majesty is doing extremely well for his age." Glozelle said as he tightened a bandage on Miraz' leg causing him to wince.

"I think it's dislocated." Peter said to Edmund referring to his arm. "What do you think happens back home if you die here? You know, you've always been there. I never really—AWW!" Peter said groaning as Edmund put his shoulder back into place making Hecta to wince which caused everyone to turn to her.