chapter 2

THE PEVENSIE'S looked at each other with a smile before running in the sea. They chucked their bags, blazers, scarf and hats on the shore before splashing each other. They felt happy again and soaked up the wholesome moment before it was gone. Lucy then tripped which made Peter stand her up on her feet whilst splashing her. Peter then picked up Cat and dropped her in the water making her scream and him laughing at her.Edmund was laughing until something caught his eye.

"Where do you suppose we are?" Edmund asked his siblings.

"Where do you think?!" Peter said laughing at is stupidity.

"Well, I dont remember any ruins in Narnia." He told them causing them to look up at the hill to what he had caught his eye. It was Cair Paravel in ruins.

They went up towards the ruins, inspecting it very carefully. Lucy was currently admiring the view from what used to be Hecta's favourite balcony because it over looked the ocean.

"I wonder who lived her." Lucy pondered.

Susan was walking around when her foot clashed on something. She picked it up and saw a golden chest piece that looked a lot like the one from Edmunds chest set.

"I think we did." Susan said to Lucy.

"Hey, that's mine from my chest set!" Edmund said making his way towards Susan with Peter.

"Which chest set?" Peter asked.

"Well I didn't exactly have a solid gold chest set in Finchley, did I?"

Suddenly, realisation hit Lucy.

"I can't be." She said running off with her siblings following her. "Don't you see?" She asked.

"See what?" Peter asked.

Lucy started moving her siblings in the order their thrones were sat.

"Imagine walls. And a glass roof and columns over their." She said pointing to where they would of been placed.

"Cair Paravel." Peter breathed out.

At the Telmarine castle, Miraz was stood on his balcony holding his baby waiting for Glozelle and his troop to arrive with what he hoped would be Caspian. Once he had seen him, he gave his baby to his wife and kissed her cheek.

He then made his way towards the stables and saw Glozelle with two bags on his horse. He made his way towards the bags but Glozelle stopped him.

"Wait! My Lord! It's not what you think."

"Then what is it?" He asked curious.

"Were not exactly sure." Glozelle said. He nodded towards his guard signalling him to remove one of the cloths revealing Trumpkin.

"Impossible." Miraz whispered.

"That's not all." Glozelle said lifting another cloth up revealing Hecta still knocked out from being hit on the head

"What a girl. You picked up an innocent girl!" Miraz said shouting.

"Look at the scar on her arm." Glozelle said making Miraz look closely. He saw an H.K written with fire around it. It was the mark of the Kirke's. Medea, Hecta and Jadis all had a mark with their initials on and their powers around it.

"That's very impossible." Miraz said amazed with what his troop had found

The Telmarine lords were having a debate while they waited for Miraz to show up. They were debating on Miraz's loyalty and how it was weird Caspian's father was dead and now Caspian was missing. They were sat on thrones but the largest throne in the middle to show who was the most important.

"I warned this council when it put its trust in Miraz there would be consequences." Lord Sopespian said.

"No, no. We cannot accuse the Lord Protector without proof!" One council member spoke up and said.

"How long are we going to continue to hide behind that excuse? Until every seat in this chamber is empty?" Another council member said.

Suddenly, Miraz walked through the doors causing the lord and council members to stop their debate.

"Lords of the council, my apologies for being late. I was not aware we were in session." |Miraz said apologetically.

"No doubt you were otherwise occupied." Sopespian said.

"My Lord, ever since the death of Caspian the ninth, you have behaved as if you were king. And now it seems behind these walls, even Prince Caspian has gone missing." One council member stated.

"My deepest condolences, Lord Miraz. Imagine losing your nephew, the rightful heir to the throne, on the very night your wife has blessed you with a son." Sopespian said with a small smile.

"Thank you, Lord Sopespian. Your compassion is a boon in such troubled times." Miraz said with a fake hurt expression.

"I trust you can tell us how such a tragedy could have occurred." Sopespian said with a curious expression on his face.

"That is the most disturbing news of all. Our beloved Caspian was abducted... by Narnians!" Miraz said which earned shouts from the council.

"You go too far, Miraz! You expect us to stand by while you blame such a blatant crime on fairytales?" Another council member said.

Miraz signalled Glozelle who chucked Hecta and Trumpkin into the great hall. Everyone jumped when they saw Trumpkin but looked at Hecta confused.

"Why a bring a girl in here." The same council member shouted.

"She is not just a girl. Actually she is older than all of our ages combined. Let me teach you your history." He grabbed her wrist and showed them a tattoo and they all gasped. "She created the barrier keeping our ancestors out and before that she tried to kill my ancestor. She killed her parents too, what was it ripped your fathers heart out." He said causing Hecta's eyes to go red and everyone flinch back. "We forget, my lords. Narnia was once a savage land. Fearsome creatures roamed free. Much of our forefather's blood was shed to exterminate this vermin..... Or so we thought. But while we've been bickering amongst ourselves, they've been breeding, like cockroaches under a rock. Growing stronger. Watching us. Waiting to STRIKE!" He slapped Trumpkin causing the rope from his mouth to fall.

"And you wonder why we don't like you." Trumpkin said causing Hecta to snorted under the rope that stopped her from talking. This earned a slap from Miraz causing her rope to fall as well.

"That was a bit harsh don't you think?" She said and started laughing.

"Well I intend to strike back. Even if I have to cut down the entire forest. I assure you. I will find Prince Caspian, and finish what our ancestors began." Miraz said as Hecta had syringe put in her arm causing her to be knocked out. Trumpkin gulped and looked at her with worry as he had grown to like the brunette girl.