chapter 14

"NOT AT ALL, MEDEA

"NOT AT ALL, MEDEA." Hecta said but just as Medea was about to answer a loud shriek came from next to the boat. 

A massive Sea Serpent jumped out of the water and let out another loud shriek. Now this was Edmunds worse fear even though he joked about it.  Eustace came from no where and attacked the sea serpent by himself. He breathed fire out of his mouth and nearly blinded the serpent. But then Lord Rhoop chucked his sword at Eustace making him let out a groan and he flew away with the sword which was there only chance at defeating the island.

Medea saw Hecta was distracted and aimed a light bolt at Hecta causing her to fly backwards making Hecta more pissed off. Edmund was about to come towards Hecta but she sent a fiery rope towards him making him stay away. 

"You sort that out, I'll deal with mother dearest." She shouted towards Edmund who told Caspian after he had dealt with Lord Rhoop being out of control.

Just as Hecta was about to charge forwards and hurt Medea, Lord Rhoop beat her to it.

"What are you doing?!" She shouted at the Lord.

"Getting rid of the be-" He tried to say but Medea picked him up by his throat and chucked off the side of the boat. Hecta tried to grab him but she was to late

"Is that lover boy over there?" Medea said acting as if she hadn't of just killed an man. "Shame he will have to die soon." She said trying to shoot a light bolt towards Edmund but Hecta beat her to it. She stopped the bolt from hitting Edmund and attempted to send it right back but it ended up going to the dark, cloudy sky.

"What do you want from me, Medea?" Hecta asked as her eyes grew a dark fiery red whilst Medea's grew a emerald green.

"I want you and your precious lover boy dead." She said making Hecta start to through fire balls at her whilst walking closer.

Medea managed to block every single attack with her icy shield making Hecta looked shocked. Even when her mum's been dead for years, her powers still grow. Medea then summoned grassy ropes and lifted Hecta towards the disgusting sea serpent making Caspian, Edmund and Lucy worried. But Hecta had a few tricks of her own. Hecta created a explosion like she did in the Telmarine castle many years ago but this time she can control it. 

She landed on the ship without even hurting herself. But now, her full powers have come out to play. Her hair was a dark red and it looked like smoke come off from the sides. Her corset was a dark red and Edmund's shirt, which was massive on her, was also a dark red. For a second Hecta thought she saw fear in her eyes but it went away quickly. But before Hecta could even register what she was about to do, the sear serpent came crashing down but she thankfully moved out the way onto Edmund.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said giving up and walking towards her mother.

Medea then saw Gael sitting by herself and looked back at Hecta who shook her head but that wouldn't stop her. Hecta ran towards her mum and stabbed her in her side with a sword as Lucy got Gael out the room and put her back in their room.