chapter 8

LUCY AND CAT WERE BORED. They had been sat in Aslans How waiting for them to return. They were nervous. Lucy didn't think they would be able to win this battle. Cat was in deep thought when she heard horns signalling that they had arrived. She ran up the stairs to be greeted with half of an army they started with and angry expressions on Peter and Caspian's face.

"What happened?" Lucy asked her older brother.

"Ask him." Peter said with an angry look on his face.

"Peter." Susan said trying to stop him from having a go at Caspian.

"Me? You could have called it off. There was still time." Caspian said annoyed at Peter making him turn around to face the Prince

"No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now." Peter said glaring at Caspian.

"And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian argued back.

"You called us, remember?"

"My first mistake."

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." Peter said turning around to walk into the how.

"HEY!" Caspian shouted making Peter turn back around to him. "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia.

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter said causing Caspian to shout and they both drew their swords.

"Stop it!" Edmund shouted holding a still Hecta as Glenstorm set down a injured Trumpkin.

Lucy rushed over to Trumpkin first as she put a drop of cordial in his mouth. It took him a few moments before he opened his eyes and looked around and saw Hecta in Edmunds arms. He panicked and told Edmund to put her on the floor. Once she was on the floor Lucy and Trumpkin gasped when the saw the side of her face. Edmund was on the verge of tears so Susan came and comforted him. Lucy pot a drop of cordial in her mouth hoping it would help her. She didn't open her eyes for at least 2 minutes. People had started to give up and Edmund was crying into Susan's shoulder when she gasped and woke up. Everyone looked at her as she coughed up ashes. She then looked around and saw nearly everyone either crying or on the verge of tears.

"Boo." She said in a raspy voice making everyone laugh as Edmund wrapped his arms around her. Everyone took this as a sign and left them alone.

"Why did you do that?" Edmund asked breaking the hug.

"I had too." She said leaning in and kiss him. The kiss was the kind of kiss you have when you haven't seen each other in years or when someone sacrifices themselves.

"I love you." He said as he held her face in his hand.

"I love you too." She said but then Hecta had remember the white dust burning half of her face and quickly covered it with her hand making Edmund grab her hand slowly.

"Dont. You look beautiful." He said as he was about to kiss her again they both heard a scream from inside the how.

Edmund wiped his tears and helped Hecta up as she grabbed her wand as she left her sword at the Telmarine castle. They followed Peter, Susan, Lucy and Cat to the stone table and Hecta was frozen with shock with what she saw. She saw her dead sister in a block of ice motion Caspian to let her out. Once Jadis saw her face she felt a tiny bit sorry for her but then realised she was the one who forced her to spend eternity in hell.

"Ahhhh my big sister." Jadis said as she motion one of her followers to attack which was cut short when Hecta stabbed him with her green mist without even looking.

"Jadis." Hecta breathed out as she stared at her sister. The sister she mourned. And for some reason she want her back.

"Get away from him." Peter said pushing Caspian away from Jadis.

Cat saw in the corner of her eye Lucy get her arm twist by Nikabrik so Cat went forward ,with her dagger from her boot, and stabbed his arm whilst Trumpkin finished him off.

"Peter dear I have missed you. Come, just one drop." Jadis said quickly focusing on how Hecta was fighting her followers knowing she didn't have much time left to convince him. "You know you can't do this alone." Hecta saw Peter lower his sword a bit but then a sword cut through Jadis making her look at Hecta.

"Te extraño (I miss you)" Hecta whispered with teary eyes.

As Jadis was about to reply the ice shattered to pieces along with her causing Hecta to feel a sting in her heart as she had just again lost her sister.

"I know.. you had it sorted." Edmund said to Peter whilst Hecta got the sword and walked out with Susan beside her.

IT HAD BEEN 2 HOURS after the Jadis incident and Caspian was sat down outside Aslan's how when Cornelius approached him.

"Why did you never tell me about my father?" Caspian asked causing Cornelius to sigh.

"My mother was a black dwarf from the northern mountains. I risked my life all these years so that one day you might be a better king than those before you." Cornelius said.

"Then I have failed you." Caspian said just as Hecta walked outside with a bottle of what appeared to be alcohol and sat a bit away from them.

"Everything I told you, everything I didn't, it was only because I believe in you. You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history: The Telmarine who saved Narnia. I mean she's already done it why can't you." Cornelius said motion towards Hecta and left. Caspian then decided to move along next to Hecta.

"I just want apologise for what happened before. I didn't mean to bring her back. I could tell she meant a lot to you."

"She did." Hecta said not taking her eyes of the scenery. "But I cant hurt Edmund by letting her wander Narnia again. It wouldn't be fair on him." She said

"What happened at the Telmarine castle, we saw like you created a big explosion but not hurting Narnians."

"I lost my powers Caspian. I mean I'm quite lucky I'm half human and half witch because if I was just a witch I'm pretty sure I would be dead. But I'm not too sure how I survived and only came out with a burnt face" She said trying to make the most out of bad situations. She saw how stressed Caspian was about the whole situation and tried to make him feel better. "What's on your mind?"

"I just feel like Peter was right. I feel like I ruined the mission and I really like this girl and I dont know what's going to happen." Caspian admitted.

"Caspian. You know what you need a nickname so ummm how about Cazza." Hecta said trying to cheer him up which made him laugh as he agreed to the nickname "Peter has been weird since he came back but I dont think anyone was to blame. These things happen and putting blame on yourself or other people its going to damage you. I think Peters used to being in charge like he was when they ruled but he's gonna learn. Secondly, tell Susan you like her. You only have one chance" Caspian stared at her confused by how she knew he liked Susan and once Hecta saw his expression she laughed. "Oh please, I'm not stupid I've seen you give each other flirty looks."

They both laughed and talked for what felt like hours. They had much in common and it felt like they had known each other their whole life.