prologue 3

IT WAS QUIET OUTSIDE THE GLOOMY CASTLE. Medea had thought by now the Narnians would want revenge as it would of been obvious that they had killed the Dryads due to their prophecy they had previously made about their family. She stared out the window when a thought came into her head. What if Hecta had lied to them. She became furious with her thought. She needed proof that Hecta had done the mission she was told to do.

Medea walked down into her secret basement and took out of the spell books on her shelf. She said the spell in her sharp tone and before she knew it she had transformed into a Dryad. She sneaked out of the castle and walked towards the blossom trees where the Dryads used to live but she saw no one was there.

She suddenly calmed down as she realised that Hecta wasn't lying but then she heard laughing from behind her. Her body tensed up as she turned around to see Dryads making their way towards here but without knowing her eyes went a deep shade of green making the Dryads run as fast as they could whilst Medea flew pack to her house to get rid of her retched daughter for once and for all.

"WHERE IS SHE!?" Medea screamed in a loud horrible voice making everyone in the castle hear her.

"What's the matter?" Noel asked his wife as Jadis ran down the stairs confused as to what her mother was angry about.

"SHE DIDN'T KILL THE DRYADS, NOEL!" That's when panicked hit Jadis as her older sister would die and their parents would be the cause of it.

"Jadis." Noel said not bothering to look at his daughter. "Get Hecta." 

Jadis did as she was told and ran towards Hecta's chamber. She knocked on the door but she didn't answer as she was too busy packing her stuff and clothes. If the prophecy wasn't true this would how Hecta would die, in the hands of her abusive parents.

Jadis walked into the room and her eyes widened as Hecta had nothing in her wardrobe but when Hecta heard the door open she froze but recognised the smell of her younger sister.

"It's rude to enter a room with permission." Hecta said coldly before turning to face Jadis. Even though Jadis was only 13 she looked a lot older than she was.

"What have you done, Hecta?" Jadis asked as her stomach was filled with butterflies, but not the good kind. These butterflies were painful.

"I think it's more what I haven't done." Hecta said as she casted a spell onto the bag she was packing and then it vanished.

"Well they want to see you and if I dont bring you down soon they will probably kill me."She said looking down. With that Hecta felt guilty. She always had a soft spot for Jadis even thought she didn't like to admit it.

"Jadis." Hecta said making her look back up. "If I die you have to leave this place." 

"But-"

"No buts. You have to promise me Jadis." Hecta said in a softer tone.

"I promise." Jadis said but as Hecta was about to walk out Jadis spoke again. "Please don't hurt them Hecta." 

Hecta felt her body become stiff. She knew that wasn't an option as the night before she had gotten her and Jadis a sceptre and a wand. Hecta's sceptre was more advanced as the dwarf ,who had made it, said it matched her powers. It unleashed green mist and if someone was stabbed with it they would simply die but their body would turn to mist. However, Jadis' wand has ice powers inside of it and anyone who was stabbed with it would be turned into stone.  It was for self defence incase anyone came for them or if their parents took their anger out on them. But in order for Hecta to be free. She needed the prophecy to work and she didn't want Jadis to know