chapter 6

LATER ON, they were discussing the battle plans in the stone table as a faun had spotted some Telmarines around the forest that surrounded them. And since they had seen where they are camping, they will for sure be attacking soon.

"It's only a matter of time before Miraz's men and war machines are on their way." Peter explained as the Narnian's gathered around to hear what the High King had to say. "That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

"What do you propose we do, Sire?" Reepicheep asked.

"We-"

"Our-"

Caspian and Peter said at the same time causing an awkward silence to form around the room. The two started at each other. It was obvious that Caspian was in charge before the Pevensies had came otherwise he wouldn't of said anything. But Caspian being the kind man he is let Peter talk first.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter said causing Hecta and Caspian's eyes to grow wide. As they knew with the amount of protection no one would survive.

"But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle." Caspian said quite shocked that this was Peters big plan.

"There's always a first time." Peter told him sternly making sure that he was in charge.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin said sticking with Peters side.

"But we have the advantage here." Caspian argued making Hecta hum in agreement but no one listened to her so she gave up and starting to sharpen her knife as they all argued.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan said agreeing with Caspian.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter stated with a smile. The kindness in his voice was enough to make anyone smile and every once in a while you need that.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb." Peter said to Caspian glaring at him in the process.

"Yes, and if the Telmarines are smart, they'll just starve us out." Edmund said earning a glare from Hecta to which he looked the other way at. Hecta felt bad for Caspian as he had some valid points and since he knows the castle better than anyone.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig the squirrel said.

"Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines! Shut up!" Reepicheep said making her feel sorry for the squirrel so she went towards him and gave him more nuts. "I think you know where I stand on this, Sire." He said towards Peter.

"Hecta? Any opinions?" Peter asked.

"I think we do have an advantage here as Caspian knows the castle better then anyone and knows what this generation of Telmarines are like. But I doubt they will be stupid." She said not making eye contact with anyone. "I dont know who I wanna agree with but I'm leaning towards Caspian's plan more but its not my decision to make its the Narnians you wanna make go to the battle." She said looking up towards Peter at the last bit.

"If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Peter said to Glenstorm taking Hecta's words not so wisely as she stated it was a bad plan in a nice way.

"Or die trying, my liege." Glenstorm said proudly.

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy said finally speaking up.

"Sorry?" Peter asked confused by his sisters words.

"Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: Dying here, or dying there." Lucy said which made Hecta also agree.

" I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu." Peter said.

"No, you're not listening." She said to Peter before turning her direction to Edmund. "Or have you really forgotten who brought Hecta back to life?" Edmund looked down at his feet while Hecta tried to avoid everyone's eye contact on her and Edmund as people started to notice the couple were quite apart.

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." Peter said before decided where everyone will go.

"Susan and Caspian you will come with me whilst Hecta and Edmund and you go to one of the towers and give signal to the Narnians when the time is right. Cat you stay here with Lucy just for protection" He said causing Hecta to raise her eyebrow at him. "You need to sort this argument out and I would rather not see you be angry with each other because your both to stubborn to apologise." Hecta and Edmund looked at each other and Hecta felt guilty but didn't know how angry he still would be at her.

A/N sorry this chapters really short.