chapter 9

PETER WAS SAT admiring the carving of Aslan feeling guilty for how treated Caspian. He didn't know what had gotten into to him lately. He just wanted old Narnia back. He didn't notice Cat approach him until she sat down next to him.

"You okay?" Cat asked rubbing his hand for comfort.

"Could be better." Peter said staring at her eyes. He thought she was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

"Talk to me Pete. I want to know what's going on." Cat said making him feel bad as he hadn't spent much time with her.

"I just want to go back to way Narnia was when we lived here. And I know it's hard on you too. Everytime I see you from your school there's always some girls making fun of you because of your slight accent and it's so unfair. You never would have dealt with that if you had stayed here."Peter ranted.

"But Pete, I don't care what anyone says about my accent. I came to England by accident but I would rather have done that then stay here because I have you." Cat said making Peter passionately kiss her slowly.

"I'm sorry I haven't been paying much attention to you I promise I will try more." Pete said as he pulled her in for a warm embrace.

"Pete, you'd better come quickly." Edmund said interrupting their moment.

Edmund led them outside to where everyone else was as they saw the Telmarine army approaching towards them. Miraz, in all his "glory", rode in front in full army with a smirk on his face.

"Ah shit. This is gonna be fun" Hecta said while talking a swing of her alcohol as Edmund shouted at her for drinking.

At the stone table, the Narnians came up with a plan of sending Lucy and Susan into the woods to find Aslan while the rest keep the Telmarines busy.

"Cakes and kettledrums! That's your next big plan? Sending a little girl alone into the darkest parts of the forest alone?" Trumpkin protested not happy with the plan.

"It's our only chance." Peter said.

"And she won't be alone." Susan said with a smile.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin said with sad eyes.

"Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't. And neither have I." Trufflehunter stated

"For Aslan." Reepicheep says proudly.

"For Aslan." A bear said making Hecta laugh.

"I'm going with you." Trumpkin said to Lucy.

"No, we need you here." Lucy said to him with a small smile.

"We have to hold them off until Lucy and Susan get back." Peter said.

"If I may." Caspian said standing up. "Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer. But as king, he is subject to the traditions that use Telmarine try hard to follow and expectations of his people. There is one in particular that may buy us some time." He said making Hecta smile and everyone to look at her to explain the tradition and rules of Telmarine's since she is the oldest.

"Don't look at me I broke every one of those rules." She said making Edmund laugh and wrapped his arms around her and kiss her head.

Edmund, Glenstorm and a very tall giant, began walking towards the Telmarine camp to prepare their challenge. The challenge was for Miraz to battle Peter until death which would buy enough time for Lucy to find Aslan.