chapter 8

SINCE THEY HAD LEFT CORIAKINS ISLAND, the weather had become horrible. The sea was rough and the sky was pitch black. It wasn't good weather for the crew to work in. It made them tired and more hungry than ever. As much as Hecta loved the rain she didn't want it to come whilst she was on a ship. The thing she especially did not like was thunder. She was terrified. It always made her flinch which made Edmund left and that was how he got slapped on the head several times. 

Hecta wasn't the only one scared of thunder. Every time thunder would make a loud noise Eustace flinched nearly falling off the windowsill many times will trying to write in his diary. 

"For reasons beyond my comprehension, we've taken the advice of a senile old coot" Eustace wrote. "who doesn't possess a razor and dawdles around in a dressing gown. So we're back in this tub and lost in a tempest. Brilliant."

The amount of water that had been pushed onto the ship due to the waves bashing against the boat was unreal. The crew placed buckets trying to catch it all and sometimes Hecta and Lucy would help them.

"Fourteen days of being tossed like a pancake." Eustace continued writing. "and not the slightest sign of land. The only consolation is everyone is finally as miserable as I am. Except for that show-off talking rat. He's one of those annoying glass-is-always-half-full types.

Whilst Eustace was writing in his diary, Drinian, Caspian, Edmund and Hecta where in the study as they had just found out they were stuck with half food that would last at least 2 weeks and now they had to listen to Drinian's complaining.

"This is your last chance to turn back, Your Majesties." Drinian explained as Caspian caught Hecta's green eyes. "There's no guarantee we'll spot the Blue Star anytime soon. Not in this storm. Needle in a haystack trying to find this Ramandu place. We could sail right past it and off the edge of the world."

"Or get eaten by a sea serpent." Edmund said making everyone's eyes go to him whilst Hecta tried to hold in her smile. He always said the wrong things at the wrong time and that's what she loved about him.

"I'm just saying the men are getting nervous." Drinian told them. "These are strange seas we're sailing, the likes of which I've never seen before."

"Then perhaps, Captain, you would like to be the one to explain to Mr Rhince that were abandoning the search for his family." Caspian said getting up from the couch making Drinian feel guilty and turn to walk out of the room.

"Just a word of warning." Drinian said getting his coat on. "The sea can play nasty tricks on a crews mind. Very nasty.

It was now night and whilst the others were asleep Lucy couldn't. She had starred at the ceiling for ages trying to get back to sleep but the only thing that was on her mind was the spell she had taken from Coriakin. She looked beside her to make sure Gael was asleep then sitting up in her bed with the spell in her hand.

"Transform my reflection, cast into perfection, lashes, lips and complexion. Make me she whom I'd agree hold's more beauty over me." Lucy said reading the spell.

Once Lucy had said the spell, the thunder stopped and the moon light shone through the room. Lucy got out of her bed and made her way towards the mirror that she had in her room. When she looked up in the mirror her white nightie changed into a blue dress with a white small flower pattern all over it. In the middle of her dress, was a red bow that had been nicely put on. Then Lucy saw her face change into Susan. She moved her hand to touch her face and the reflection did the same thing. She smiled into the mirror then heard a jazz music coming from behind it. She pushed the glass of the mirror back and revealed to what seemed to be a party either in England not in Narnia.