chapter 18

IT HAD BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE JADIS' DEATH, and Hecta had been mourning ever since. The Pevensies let her stay with them for a while until they knew she was getting better enough to go to Jadis house. But Hecta didn't eat much. She didn't want it. All she wanted was a spot so that she could mourn Jadis properly and today she was going to get it.

She had organised a meeting for the Pevensies and their most trusted Narnia, Mr Tumnus and the beavers, to see if she can bury Jadis body with their permission. She was currently stood at the table as everyone started entering the dining hall. Once everyone was in Hecta started to begin.

"So I know your probably all wondering why I told you to come here." She said getting chattering around the room. "Well I think its unfair that we dont have a place to mourn everyone we lost in the war." Everyone was confused because they did have a place for everyone who they couldn't save on their army. "I'm not just talking about the ones on your army but the ones on Jadis army." They all groaned at this idea.

"Hecta." Mr Tumnus said getting her attention. "It's just not right to have a place for them."

"Why?" Hecta said starting to grow angry.

"It's just." Peter started trying to say it in a soft tone. "It's just not fair to people who were affected by that army."

"But some people had friends on that army and I think they should be able to mourn them in public instead of hiding themselves away afraid of what people might say about their friends." No one dared to interrupt her but instead they all gave her sympathetic looks. And she hated that. "Dont give me that look. I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about other Narnians who feel trapped."

"Hecta." Edmund said making her hope he would have backed her up but that died down with his next sentence. "We can't. The Narnians on our side deserve to not be tormented by memories every time they see it." He explained making the room agree.

"So your telling me you're favouring the Narnians who are 'good' " She said adding the air quotes with her hands. "over the ones who might have been blackmailed or are possibly homeless because you wont give them what they deserve!" She said shouting the last part making them flinch.

"Hecta we get it your mourning but this isn't a good idea." Peter explained but she was already on the verge of tears as she shook her head.

"Your only saying this isn't a good idea because you care more about your reputation than taking anyone's feelings into consideration!" She shouted making Peter become angry as he slammed his hands on the table as he stood up.

"I care more about the Narnians feelings if they find out we have a statue to congratulate the white witch on what she did to Narnia!" Peter shouted.

"Oh yeah." She started laughing at him. "You weren't even here to go through what they went through so how could a teenage boy from England deny me of my rights of mourning the loss of my sister who could be here if you didn't stab me!" She shouted as her eyes grew red. "You haven't seen the Mistress of Fire yet and trust me if you don't let me do this she will come back out to play." She said as she left the room using her powers to slam the door and gather her stuff from her room.

"Peter." Susan said as she looked at her brother. "She's going to do it."

"She's not if she can't find the White Witches body." He said as he dismissed the meeting whilst Hecta was on the hunt to find her sisters body.

Hecta had searched everywhere for Jadis body but she couldn't find it anywhere. She even found places of the castle she never knew existed. She was just about to give up when she saw a door with chains all over it. She walked towards it but was pulled back when someone grabbed her hand and pushed her against a wall.

"Hecta, please." Edmund said with pleading eyes.

"Ed I just want to say a proper goodbye." Hecta said on the verge of tears once more and the boy felt sorry for her so brought her into a hug but then started to feel himself become tired until he fell asleep on her shoulder making her place him on the floor. "Sorry Ed." She said wiping away her tears.

There was one thing that was certain. She will make a memorial after all it was just a memorial. She walked towards the chain and lock and tried to burn it off but it burnt her skin.

"Sneaky bastards." Hecta mumbled to herself before picking up a sword and trying to undo the lock with it.

Once it was open the chains fell and their was a casket with Jadis' body in it. She was going to pick it up when she heard a voice say her name. She turned around and saw someone who she never thought she would see again. Jadis.

"Dont do it Hecta." Jadis said in a soft voice. "They're gonna hate you again."

Hecta's body froze and couldn't move. Tears began sting her eyes so bad she didn't even notice Edmund start to wake up.

"You've just gained their trusted Hecta." Jadis said. "Don't break it because of me." And then she was gone and tears had rolled down Hecta's face.

Edmund woke up and saw Hecta had gotten in but all she did was sit next to her sisters body. She hadn't took it. This made Edmund realise that she would put up a tough wall but inside she was hurting. And it hurt him to see her like this.

He walked up and sat in front of her but she wouldn't look up at him. She played with the rings on her fingers as tears glistened down her face. Peter and Susan then walked into the corridor and saw Hecta and Edmund and Edmund saw them so he motioned for them to leave and they did.

"Hecta." Edmund said in a small voice. "Look at me." But she wouldn't look at him so he grabbed her cheeks and forced her to look at him but when she did she broke down. He immediately wrapped his arms around her and stroke her hair whilst she cried in his shoulder.

"You don't have to go through this alone." He whispered in her ear. Edmund wouldn't admit it but he was slowly catching feelings for the girl in his arms and she was too.