chapter 24

ALYSSA FELT WEIRD. Her plan had to be due tonight but she didn't know how. Hecta was going to be watching her a lot so how could she do it?

Alyssa also didn't like this dress. It was a dark green and wasn't her style. She liked lighter dresses but if this is what Edmund liked on her then it will have to do.

Alyssa was escorted and when reached the table she so saw some unfamiliar faces talking. But once Edmund saw her the smile on his face dropped and he walked over to her to introduce her to the Narnians.

Once everyone had arrived they sat down. Hecta was on one side of the table and directly opposite was Alyssa. They were currently having a stare off when Alyssa's eyes wandered around Hecta's arm and saw a bandage covering up and before she could ask Peter spoke up.

"I would like to propose a toast." He said as he raised his glass of wine as everyone else followed what he did. "To Edmund and Alyssa. Who will be married in two weeks this day. And because of this we have a whole world of possibilities and will have more allies for Narnia." He said and they all drank their wine.

But after that Alyssa started to feeling funny and her head went fuzzy. It was like her brain had been disconnected for her brain and she didn't said something she didn't want to say.

"Hecta what happened to your arm?" She asked making everyone snap their heads towards Hecta.

"I cut it on a rock when I was out in the garden. It's nothing major. I've dealt with worse." Hecta said smiling as Edmund looked confused. He knew Hecta better than anyone else and this wasn't usual behaviour.

"Really nothing else?" Alyssa asked making Cat snap her head up. Cat knew she didn't cut it on a rock but she was thinking Alyssa knew the truth.

"Alyssa what are you trying to say?" Hecta asked so innocently making Alyssa stand up angrily.

"I know what you did!" She shouted making everyone be quiet whilst Hecta had no expression on her face. "And don't act like you didn't do anything because I know you did!"

"If I did something to hurt you Alyssa, I'm not quite sure what I have done." Hecta said leaning back in her chair.

"You don't have to do anything!" She shouted as he pointed to Edmund."He's so obsessed with you I know your whole story and because of you my plan isn't working because you made him fall in love you."

The last sentence made the whole room go silent. Edmund and Hecta looked at each other in shock. She didn't think Edmund would ever like her and now that she's heard that her heart stopped and butterflies made its way back into her stomach. But she needed to know what Alyssa's plan was so she focused her attention back on her.

"But what was ur plan Alyssa." Hecta asked but Edmund just kept looking at her.

Did Alyssa just ruin his friendship with Hecta? Did Hecta feel the same way. Will there be a future for Hecta and Edmund? All these thoughts raced through his mind he hardly heard what Hecta asked.

"My plan was too get your spell book and become a Queen by marrying Edmund then destroy Narnia and then." Suddenly Alyssa stopped and realised she spoke to much.

What ever was given to her had worn out and then she knew. The smirk on Hecta's face proved that her suspicions were right. Hecta had given her something to tell the truth.

But before she could even shout again, Alyssa was thrown backwards and hit herself on the wall behind her. And when she looked over at the table she saw the person who did this. Those red eyes staring at her made her feel scared.

It also made Cat feel scared too. She had never seen Hecta use her powers in a negative way before. She thought she was past it but this proved her wrong.

"You wanted my family spell book!?" Hecta shouted as she summoned a fiery rope making Alyssa not able to do anything. "For what, power?! Your exactly like my mother. Power hungry and over all annoying." Hecta started to walk closer to Alyssa and she saw the fear in her eyes. "You try and ruin my home and hurt my new family. And then injected me with something I didn't even know you could get. Your gonna wish you never met me." And with that Alyssa's nightmare began.

She slumped to the ground as everyone else stood up and gasped but when they saw her breathing they knew she was fine.

"We don't tell anyone about this incident." Hecta said finally turning around as her eyes went back to her normal shade."If someone finds out we did this, then that will result in another war. The princess fell into a deep slumber after trying to take her own life. I put a spell on her to help her survive and she fell asleep that's all that happened here today." She told the whole group of people she trusted who nodded as Peter dismissed them.

*

Hecta was going back to her room when she saw the paint still on her mirror. She didn't have the time to get rid of the paint she was too busy trying to find anything she can on Alyssa. But right now she also needed to clean her wound on her arm.

She removed the bandage in her bathroom and saw so much blood. She regretted painting Alyssa's wall with her blood because it just drained her and made her feel fuzzy.

She went around to open her medical cabinet and jumped when she saw Edmund standing their in the doorway.

"Jesus Ed you scared me." She said with a smile but got worried when he didn't smile back.

"We need to talk." He said with a serious tone but all Hecta was bothered about was the massive cut on her arm.

"Yeah I know but not right now because I need to get the medical cabinet." And just as she was about to leave he help up the medical cabinet and motion for her to sit on her bathroom counter.

He grabbed her arm and place it gently into her lap. He grabbed something to disinfect it with and put it carefully in the cut making her wince. She watched him like he was the first person she had seen. Only he was the first person she had seen in this type of way. She was in love with him. And didn't care anymore.

After he had put her bandage on and looked down at her with those big brown eyes. Edmund was unsure if Hecta liked him and Hecta knew that so the next thing she did caught him by surprise.

She grabbed his face and placed her lips onto his. He didn't kiss back at first but then realised and kissed her back so eager to savour every last moment. There was so many things said in one kiss that they both knew how the felt for each other as they rested their foreheads together and looked into each others eyes.

"Stay with me tonight, please." Hecta pleaded as Edmund nodded and gave her a nightgown to wear for bed whilst he wore a tunic and some pants.

Once they were both changed Edmund motioned for Hecta to come into his arms and they laid there for a while Hecta enjoying hearing his heartbreat.

"What's going to happen to us,Ed?" She asked making Edmund look down at her.

"We can be aything you want to be." He said making Hecta nod. "But in my opinion I say we become a thing and just, you know, see how it goes?" He said almost wanting permission off Hecta.

"Yeah, I would like that." She said as she slowly drifted off too sleep.