chapter 4

LUCYWAS BEING BID ON as she stood in front of a crowd full of people whilst Hecta and Eustace were sat down waiting their turn to be sold to some creepy old men.

"I bid 60!"

"I bid 80!"

"One hundred for the little lady."

"One hundred and twenty!"

"One hundred and fifty!"

"Any more bids?" The slave trader asked and when no one answered placed a sold sign around her neck. "Sold!" And pushed her off to the side

"And now for this fine specimen, who'll kick off the bidding?" The man said grabbing Eustace but no one answered. "Come on now. He may not look like much but, uh, he's strong."

"Yeah he's strong alright. He smells like the rear end of a Minotaur." One person in the crowd shouted making the rest of the crowd laugh.

"That is an outrageous lie! I won the school hygiene award two years running." Eustace said making the crowd laugh again.

"Come on, someone make a bid!" The man shouted.

"I'll take him off your hands." A familiar voice said underneath a cloak. I'll take them all off your hands." Reepicheep said as Drinian took off the cloak.

Reepicheep and the crew drew their swords after they got rid of their cloaks and began fighting. Hecta didn't have enough energy to get up and join in as she became more pail. Once Lucy had broken out of her irons she ran up to Hecta and tried to get her irons off but they were so tight.

"I'll go find the keys you just stay awake." Lucy said before running off to find the keys.

Caspian and Edmund had broken free and had now joined the fighting. Lucy then brought Reepicheep towards Hecta to unfree her with his small sword but once she was free she still didn't move making Lucy and Reepicheep nervous at the state of the girl but that was broken as they joined in the fight trying to help Hecta be safe. Eustace had then freed himself and made his way towards the boats away from the fighting. Many citizens then started joining in the fight as they fought for their freedom. Eustace had then made it to the boats but was being followed by the man in charge. Eustace sat down in the boat and waiting for it to row by itself.

"Oh, you're a boat in a magical land. Can't you row yourself." Eustace said to the boat as the man behind him walked towards him with a dagger in his hand.

Eustace was trying to sort out the paddles on the boat but it was too heavy for him. He tried to place one down but his feet moved and he hit the man who had sneaking up behind him causing Eustace to drop the paddle.

"Oh god. I hope that wasn't the British Consul."

WHILST EUSTACE WAS TRYING TO GET ON THE BOAT, the fight had ended and Edmund was searching for Hecta until he found her looking so pale with no expression on her face making him rush towards her.

"Hec." He said trying to get her attention and putting his hands on her face making her smile slightly." Hecta, what's wrong." He asked.

"My back." She said barely above a whisper making Edmund inspect her back.

Her vein's were black and spreading around and her skin was burnt were she had her injection. Edmund then noticed something shiny going into her skin. He realised this to be the metal that she cant touch and it could kill her if it goes deeper in her skin. He picked her up by her arms and ushered Caspian to get her over arm above his shoulder as they helped her walk towards the boat.

As they were walking the crowd around them cheered and clapped for their freedom. One man came up to Caspian but Drinian pushed him back.

"Your majesty!" The man shouted as Drinian held him back. "My wife was taken this morning."

"Daddy!" The little girl from earlier said trying to get her dads attention.

"It's alright Drinian." Caspian said as Drinian let the man go.

"I beg you, take me with you." He pleaded.

"I want to come." His daughter said

"No, Gael you must stay with your aunt." He said to his daughter before turning to Caspian. "I'm a fine sailor. Been on the seas my whole life."

"Of course you must." Caspian said.

"But daddy.." Gael said.

"Have I ever not come back?" He asked giving his daughter one last hug. "Now be good." He said as she went to her aunt.

As they were walking back to the docks, Lord Bern stopped them with a sword covered in dirt and rust.

"My king! My king." He shouted getting their attention. "This was given to me by your father. I hid it safely in a cave all these years."

"That's an old Narnian sword." Edmund said

"It's from your golden age." Lord Bern said as Hecta tried to move away from the sword. Lucy saw her action and took her to the boats whilst Caspian and Edmund talked to the Lord.

"There are seven such swords, gifts from Aslan to protect Narnia. Your father entrusted them to us. Here take it, and let it protect you." Lord Bern said handing Caspian the sword.

"Thank you, my Lord. And we shall find your lost citizens." He said before walking off with Edmund. "Edmund." Caspian said which made Edmund turn to him. Caspian then gave him the sword making Edmund smile.

Once they were on the Dawn Treader, Hecta had to go to a faun as he tried to get the metal out of her back but she started screaming and crying when they said Edmund was busy with Caspian making the faun give up and go and find Edmund.

Once she had found Edmund and brought him in the room, Hecta had calmed down almost immediately. She led down face first on a bed whilst holding Edmunds hand for comfort but once the faun came near her she began screaming and crying and moving her feet up and down. Quickly before Hecta could start threatening the faun, she grabbed the piece of metal and yanked out making Hecta to scream louder and making Edmund bring her into a hug as she started to cry.

The pain hurt so much that she couldn't bear it as Edmund shushed her trying to get her calm.

When she had calmed down it was night time, so Edmund picked her up and placed her under their duvet and cuddled her trying not to hurt her back as they both drifted off to sleep.