chapter 17

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Jadis asked confused as Edmund scrambled to his feet and went to Peter.

"Dont do this Jadis." Hecta said holding onto her side where Peter stabbed her. "It's not right and you know its not."

"Well it is right!" Jadis shouted as her eyes grew black again. "They have wronged me for many years accusing me of killing our parents and still celebrated me for killing you! They didn't know you like I did and I thought if you came back you would want revenge on them but once again you lied to me! And now you're going to pay." She lunged towards Hecta but she easily dodged her as Jadis aimed her now broken wand at Hecta but she caught it.

"Jadis." Hecta said trying to get through to her but it was impossible. Her little sister was gone. And it hurt like hell. "Please." But without a warning Jadis stabbed Hecta exactly were Peter had knocking her to the ground. 

And just as Hecta fell to the ground she heard a roar and Jadis mumbled something she couldn't make out. But she didn't want Aslan to kill her sister so she put up a fire wall trapping only her and Jadis. Jadis looked back at her sister and walked up to her and crouched down at her height as she struggled to keep breathing.

"I'm sorry Hecta but it had to be done." Jadis whispered as she brushed hair out of her face.

"Yeah," Hecta managed to get out. "your right." Hecta outstretched the palm of her hand and summoned her wand and stabbed Jadis with it making Jadis eyes grow wide as Hecta had tears in her eyes.

Jadis dropped to the ground right next to Hecta. Hecta did all she could do to grab Jadis' hand. She managed to sit up slightly and put her forehead on Jadis in their way of comforting each other. Jadis used to do it to Hecta when she had a rough night "I'm sorry." She whispered. Jadis body didn't turn to mist because Hecta knew she would want her sisters body if she ever had to kill her but she never wanted to and still didn't.

Nobody realised the battle was over until Aslan roared causing Hecta's fire circle to disappear. The Pevensie's ran towards Hecta's body that was gasping for air as she fell back on the floor staring at Jadis not bothering to look at them. Edmund placed her head on his lap while the others huddled around. They had realised she never betrayed them she just tried to fix Jadis but she was too fsr gone.

"Hecta. Come on talk to me!" Edmund exclaimed whilst on the verge of tears but she didn't talk all she did was watch Jadis' eyes close and felt tears run down her face until her eyes started to close.

"Aslan please you have to help her. She still breathing." Susan sobbed she didn't know the girl much but all she knew was that she deserved so much better.

"It is up to her whether she wants to die or to live. She's has the cordial in her veins but she has lost a lot tonight so if she does she might take some time to be back to the Hecta we all used to know." Aslan explained to the Pevensies

The Pevensies stayed sat like that in silence. Some Narnians gathered around to see the witch they had called names and told scary stories about sacrifice everything just for them.

They were starting to lose hope until Hecta's head shot up inhaling sharply causing gasps to spread. She looked around her and saw the Pevensies and Narnians surrounded. She got brought into a group hug with the Pevensies causing her too start laughing until she looked to her side and saw her sister laying motionless on the floor. She broke the hug and made her way towards Jadis. She was slightly breathing.

"Lucy." Hecta said making the girl look at her. "Please can I have some of the cordial?" And just as Lucy was about to give Hecta it Aslan put his paw over it.

"Hecta you can't." Aslan said as he shook his head.

"I have too!" She shouted as she felt her sister slow her breathing.

"She will kill you and the Narnians and I can't let that happen." Aslan said just as Jadis stopped breathing making Hecta ignore Aslan.

"Jadis." She whispered repeatedly hoping she would get an answer but she didn't so she hugged her sister cold body and cried whilst the Narnians got a case ready for Jadis' body for Hecta to save and mourn the loss of her sister.

The next day was the Pevensies coronation. Hecta was stood next to Mr Tumnus wearing a beautiful red grown with some golden sparkles added to the dress. They watched the Pevensies walk to their thrones and Hecta and Mr Tumnus brought forward the crowns.

"To the glistening eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy The Valiant." Aslan said as Mr Tumnus took the golden flower styled crown and placed it on Lucy's head.

"To the great western woods, I give you King Edmund The Just." Hecta placed Edmunds shiny crown on top of his head giving him a smile in which he returned.

"To the radiant southern sun, I give you Queen Susan The Gentle." Mr Tumnus then placed a silver version of Lucy's crown on top of Susan's head.

"And to the clear northern skies, I give you King Peter The Magnificent." Hecta then placed a golden version of Edmunds crown on top of his head and smirked at him. Mr Tumnus and Hecta went back to their spots in the crowd.

"Long live King Peter! Long live Queen Susan! Long live King Edmund! And long live Queen Lucy." The crowed cheered and clapped for their newly kings.

During that night, everyone danced around celebrating and drinking but Hecta wasn't feeling it. She watched the Pevensies talk to Narnians and have fun but she just walked out onto the balcony not knowing Edmund had saw the look on her face and excused himself to see if she was okay.

 The balcony view was beautiful even thought it was dark. She could see fireflies flutter around the woods making it seem more alive and lights shone near the sea making it look so peaceful.

"Your not one for parties are you?" Hecta smirked knowing exactly who it was. She spun around to find Edmund stood at the door.

"Well forgive me your majesty." She said doing a dramatic courtesy with a smirk plastered all over her face.

"Dont call me that." He laughed.

"Well your a king now" She said causing them both to laugh. They were stood in a peaceful quietness. Edmund knew that she was putting on a brave front again but didn't want to push her. He knew killing Jadis was hard for her so he was going to make her laugh as much as he could.

"Would you care for a dance?" Edmund said bowing causing Hecta to laugh.

"I dont dance." Hecta said as she looked at him and laughed at how bad his ways to cheer her up was.

"Well we could just dance here instead of going inside so only I can make fun of you." He said as he stretched his hand for her to grab.

"Fine." She said as she grabbed his hand and they swayed around the balcony with her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Do you think they will end up together?" Peter asked Susan as they watched them in the distance.

"Of course! Edmund never dances and look at him and also he would never do that willingly to make someone feel better." Susan said making Peter hum in agreement.