chapter 13

WHEN HECTA HAD COME BACK FROM HER TALK WITH LILLIANDIL, they all went back into the boat and watched as they neared closer to the dark island.

"So, what do you think is in there?" Travos asked as they all stood out on the front deck staring at the green and gloomy island.

"Our worst nightmares." Edmund said as he felt Hecta reach for his hand and squeeze it.

"Our darkest wishes." Caspian said answering Travos' question.

"Pure evil." Drinian added. "Travos, unlock the armoury." He ordered making Travos nod and get to work. "Archers, prepare yourselves."

"Light the lanterns." Travos ordered the crew.

"Let's get ready." Hecta said as her and Edmund walked into their room.

When they had go to the room Edmund gave Hecta one of his shirts so it would fit underneath her corset. She wore corsets when in battle because it can keep her knifes inside it and was protected. She put her corset but needed help with tying it at the back

"Ed." She said turning to look at him making him look up. "Can you tighten it for me?" She asked as she turned back around.

"Yeah." He walked up to her and tightened it a lot. "Can you breathe?" He asked jokingly making her let out a small laugh.

"Only just." She said sarcastically before turning around to face him. "In case we dont make it out-"

"Dont." He said cupping her cheeks as she let a tear roll down her cheek making him bring her close to his body and kiss her forehead.

Once they pulled away, Hecta took off a necklace which she always had on underneath her clothes and walked around his body and put the necklace around his necklace

"Hec, you know this might me a bit to girly for me." He said laughing as.

"Shut up." She said laughing "It's for good luck." She then started kissing his neck to try and calm him down.

"Hec." He said making her lift her head out from his neck and he turned to face her. "I love you, you know that right." 

"I know and I love you too." She said as he pulled her in for a kiss. 

The kiss was passionate as if it was their last butwere interrupted by a knock on the door. Hecta went to open it and there was Caspian standing at the door with a sword in his hand. 

"Ed." Hecta said making him look up at Caspian he went forward and talked to him whilst Hecta sorted out her armour.

"I noticed you gave up your sword." Caspian told him

"Wasn't mine to keep." He admitted.

"Use this." Caspian said holding out Peter old sword.

"But it's-"

"Peter would want you to have it." Caspian told him making Hecta smile slightly at the gesture. Edmund then gratefully took the sword out of Caspian's hand.

They all chatted for a while and gave each other lots of hugs just incase anything would happen. None of them knew what would happen in the dark island. Apart from Hecta. She knew briefly on what was in there but didn't know how it would end.

"No matter what happens here." Caspian started. He was giving a speech to the rest of the crew to try and make them less nervous then what they before, but of course he needed Hecta's help. "Every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader."