chapter 30

MR TUMNUS and Hecta were sat on Hecta's favourite Balcony having their dinner when Hecta felt something leave her body. A frown formed on her face as to where this feeling had come from. She felt empty and like she could no longer be happy. Something she hadn't felt in many years.

Mr Tumnus noticed her smile fade away and began growing concerned. "Hecta, Are you alright?"

"I don't know I feel.. empty. And I dont know why." She said but then it hit her.

She went over to the edge of the balcony and looked at and saw the barrier was disappearing. She was the only that could see the barrier go. She was on the verge of tears as she slowly watched it get broken off piece by piece.

"What are you looking at?" Mr Tumnus asked.

"They left." She whispered making Mr Tumnus eyes go wide. "Get the Narnians to pack their stuff and retreated to the woods. God knows how long it is before they realised the barriers gone."

*

It had been 2 weeks later and Hecta had rounded up the majority Narnians in the forest. She tried to think of their safety more than her own. She gave her spell book and wand to Oreius and he left towards Jadis' castle putting her wand and spell book safely inside before running towards a gave in the mountains with his family.

She had also moved all the Pevensie's belongings and Cat's into a small room at the bottom of the castle. Not many people knew about the room behind the wall and it had to stay that way.

Hecta was now the only person in Cair Paravel. She had felt the Telmarines start to become closer and started to knock the door down. Once they had gotten in theirs eyes widen, there she sat in Susan's throne with her legs draped over Peters throne.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up." She said with a smirk.

"Yeah well your little humans left you! Surprised they didn't do it sooner." Prince Rhotho said. Making Hecta form a fake sad expression on her face and then quickly laughed it off

"Was that meant to insult me?" She said coldly.

The Pevensies had made Hecta come away from her cold and brutal self and made her become happier and loved as if she was with her family, which they were to her. She got up from her throne and felt the walls shake and started laughing.

"Your plan Rhotho was too get rid of Cair Paravel and my Narnians. Well I already got rid of the Narnians for you I'm sure I can help you destroy Cair Paravel, if you want one of the most powerful Telmarine witch to help" She her eyes growing a deep fiery red. She had to convince them she had killed all the so they wouldn't go looking for them.

They had began knocking down most on Cair Paravel but Hecta had to destroy Cair Paravel incase the Pevensies came back and the Telmarines will perish. It wasnt fair for the innocent Telmarines to suffer for what their leaders. And she knew the Telmarines had strong armies so she couldn't take them on by herself.

She then positioned her hand a created a fireball and hit half of the Telmarine army. She then saw a boulder come towards the castle which Hecta set it on Fire causing a massive explosion in her direction which she only just missed.

Dust took over Cair Paravel killing most of the Telmarine army. No one could see so Hecta took it to her advantage. She had left her shoes behind under a boulder along with her cloak and ran out of the castle which was now in ruins.

She got on her black horse and started riding towards Jadis' castle. She had to be quick in case the next place they would go was her old family home.

Once she had arrived, she placed her horse behind the castle and starting making her way through the passage. The passage was created for when Hecta and Jadis were on the run from Narnians and Telmarines. She hadn't used it in years and she was surprised it could still come in handy.

She ran around the house looking until she reached her old bedroom. She saw Jadis' broken wand next to Hecta's wand and the spell book she quickly grabbed them all and placed them in her bag.

She then made her way towards the mountains where Oreius and his family, Mr Tumnus and Mr beaver and Mrs beaver were waiting. She quickly made a camp fire for them so they didn't freeze at night.

"What do we do Hecta?" Mrs beaver asked.

"We pray. But I promise one day we will get our land back." She said now messaging where gold and red engagement ring on her finger.

"Hecta your face its going younger." One of Oreius' children told her.

She looked down and saw her going the same colour it was when she was 13.

"No no no no." She said trying to keep her tears in. "I'm 13 again." She whispered and then walked into the little room in the cave they had made before she had destroyed Cair Paravel and locked herself in the room not wanting them to see her.

MANY YEARS LATER, Hecta had been stealing food from the Telmarine villages. They didn't recognise her due to her being 13 again which was a positive meaning she could deliver food to the hungry Narnian's.

Whilst Hecta stole the food she would hear stories about the evil and cunning Mistress Of Fire. But Hecta didn't care about what the Telmarines had to say about her. The only people who she cared about knew the real Hecta not the evil Mistress Of Fire.

Hecta put on a brave smile in front of some Narnians trying to give them hope. A prophecy was made over if anyone finds Susan's horn and blows it. The Kings and Queens will come back to Narnia. Hecta didn't believe as she thought the Pevensies had abandoned her as well as Cat. She didn't know where her best friend had gone but she was sure she had gone back with them.

Hecta would arrive 'home' and be greeted with sympathetic smiles. Mr Tumnus had grown sick and was currently on his death bed. Mr and Mrs beaver had died in the previous year and Oreius had died a year later after them hiding. He had been caught and killed which took a toll on Hecta and put her in a depressive state.

Mr Tumnus was the only one that understood her that was alive. He was there for her when she was in hiding from and Jadis and now he was drifting away from her.

She had arrived back to their house near on the mountain's with her usual fake smile but her face grew confused when no one gave her sympathetic smile. She started to panic until she was greeted by one of Oreius' children Rose.

"Hecta I dont know how to tell you this but... he's gone." Rose told her.

"What no he couldn't be he was getting better." She said smiling thinking they were winding her up. But when she looked down Hecta started to cry making the small centaur to bring her into a hug.

"Can I see him?" She said between sobs to which Rose nodded at and led her too his room.

There he was. Led lifeless on his bed. Hecta went up to him and sat beside his body. She squeezed his hand and kissed him on the head.

"We'll meet again, my dear friend." She whispered with tears rolling down her cheeks. She then left the room and came face to face with Rose.

"I'm going to get some fresh air. I'll be back soon." She said leaving and getting back onto her horse.

Hecta didn't know where she was going but she didn't mind. Her horse had stepped on cliff that overlooked a small Telmarine village. She got of her horse and just started crying. She felt so much pain and she didn't know what to do other then let it.

She felt anger for the fact the Pevensie's had left her alone and she didn't get an invite to go with them. She thought they planned to leave Narnia on purpose because they missed their home. The anger inside of her kept building up until she couldn't take it anymore. She screamed making fire spread through out the Telmarine village. She didn't even realise she was doing it until she heard screams below her.

She looked up and saw the mess she created. Her eyes widened in panic and she tried to absorb the fire but it wasn't working. She then tried to make a fire ball in her hand but only managed to light her finger. That's when she realised she had lost her magic just liked she did when Jadis had stabbed her but this time it was worse. She got on her horse and went home without telling people what she had done to poor innocent lives.