chapter 9

THE NEXT DAY, the weather became a lot nicer and no more thunder. Edmund didn't want to leave Hecta alone after he had woken her up she couldn't sleep making him stay up with her and comfort her no matter how many times she said she was fine. 

Whilst they were sailing in the nice weather they came across land. It looked like it was inhabited but they were desperately running out of food so they had to check. So they decided to go to it.

"I doubt the lords stopped here, my liege. There's no sign of anything living." Reepicheep told Caspian from the opposite boat.

"Right. Well, once we get ashore, take your men and search for food and water. The four of us will look for clues." He responded.

"Hang on, dont you mean the five of us." Eustace said making everyone turn around to look at him very confused. "Come on, please don't send me back to the rat."

"I heard that." Reepicheep said from the opposite boat.

"Big ears." Eustace muttered quietly.

"I heard that too." Reepicheep said making everyone else laugh and Eustace look to the ground.

WHEN THEY ARRIVED ON THE SHORE, Caspian, Lucy, Edmund and Hecta, were looking around the island to see if there is anyone here but so far it looked inhabited until Caspian saw a piece of rope attacked to rock and it went town into a hole in the ground.

"Look." Said Caspian grabbing their attention. "We're not the first ones on this island."

"The Lords?" Edmund asked walking towards the rope

"Could be." Caspian replied. He then picked up a small pebble and chucked down the hole to saw how far it was. The pebble clashed around the sides and made noises until it hit the ground which went quite far down.

"What do you think could be down there?" Hecta asked as they watched the pebble fall.

"Let's find out." Edmund said.

Edmund was the first one to go down the rope as Caspian, Lucy and Hecta tried to keep it steady for him so it was easier for him to climb down. He was then followed by Caspian. Then by Lucy and then by Hecta. But once Hecta got to the bottom Edmund had already wandered off and found a pool with a golden statue in it.

"What's that?" Caspian asked once they had reached to where Edmund was standing.

"I dont know." Edmund said rather confused. "Looks like some sort of gold statue."

He then walked towards the nearest wall and ripped a branch of it. He slowly dipped it into the water and then took it back out to inspect it. Once it was drenched it water, it started to turn gold. He admired it until it got near his hand causing him to yell and fall slightly backwards. They all stared at each other as if they knew that the gold statue wasn't just a gold statue. It was a person. 

They walked towards the statue but not too close so it couldn't touch them and stared at the golden man with sad eyes.

"He must've fallen in." Hecta said.

"Poor man." Lucy said quite upset.

"You mean poor Lord." Edmund said as he pointed towards the shield which had a crest which only was personalised for certain Lords.

"The crest of Lord Restimar." Caspian said with a small sad expression on his face.

"And his sword." Edmund said pointing at the sword which for some reason hadn't changed and was still silver.