chapter 19

THE PEVENSIES HAD BEEN RULING FOR OVER A YEAR and they had just gotten their first major task but they need help. An entire village had been destroyed by the enemy's of the ruler and everything was burnt to the ground. But the ruler was no where to be seen.

The Pevensies was to rescue anyone that was still alive and Hecta's was to get rid of any fire and attempt to calm people down. But she hasn't been told about the mission as she sits outside of the castles garden in a white dress her brown hair flowing in the wind.

The garden became a place of comfort for her after Jadis died. She had slowly become a better version of herself and cared for the Narnians more than anyone thought she could. The garden was fully of green shaped bushes scattered all around a bench which Hecta favoured over her own bed. From the garden, she could hear the waves rocking against rocks on the beach below and birds chirping along the trees.

Edmund almost didn't want to tell her that they had a task and had to leave as she looked so peaceful reading her book. He walked slowly up to her and sat next to her on the bench. She looked up from her book to see who it was and smiled softly when she saw it was Edmund.

"And what can I do for you Mr Pevensie." She said sarcastically close her book making him glare at her playfully.

"We have a task just outside of Narnia in a small village. The enemy's of the ruler have attacked and blown it up. We have to sort out the situation and see if anyone's alive." He explained making Hecta's curiosity build. There was no way they would take her on a mission if she was needed.

"And my job?" Hecta asked. Edmund looked at her in silence for a while as if he was trying to think of what Hecta's job actually was.

"Yours is to......OH yeah!" He said making Hecta laugh as he remembered what her job actually was. "Yours is to get rid of any fire possible and if their is any enemy's of the village them you need to get them to speak because your the most intimidating."

"When do we leave?" Hecta asked as she stood up from the bench making Edmund do the same.

"In half an hour." He said as he walked back towards the castle with her. There hands slightly touching making goosebumps rise on Edmunds arm but it soon went away as Hecta walked away to get changed

*
Once everyone was dressed they made their way to the horses. Hecta was wearing her signature black armour and Edmund couldn't stop staring at her. He didn't know why he kept looking at her as they rode to the village. Hecta and Edmund rode in the back with Lucy as Peter and Susan rode further ahead.

When they saw the damage of the village Lucy let out a gasp. The village was hardly even a village anymore. There was only a couple of houses surrounded by ruins. They parked their horses and made their way to we're the most smoke was coming from.

"Who would do such a thing" Lucy asked with tears in her eyes making Edmund wrap his arms around her. Hecta felt bad for Lucy due to her being so innocent and caring but Hecta couldn't focus on Lucy she knew exactly who did this.

"Telmarines." Hecta said making everyone look at her with a confused look. "They always wanted control over this village and when they don't get what they want they don't care about who others feel.

They people of the village were scared of the Kings and Queens but they were even more scared of the girl in the black armour. Peter saw them and slowly made his way towards them.

"It's alright, we're not going to hurt you." He said but  one of the people pulled a dagger and held it Peters throat and spoke in another language. Everyone else except Hecta pulled their swords out and pointed them at the woman.

"Stand down." She told the Pevensies and the other soldiers as she made her way towards them.

"Está bien, él es el Rey Pedro el Magnífico. No estamos aquí para lastimarte" Hecta said making the woman put down her dagger. (It's okay, he's King Peter the magnificent. We are not here to hurt you)

"You are Telmarine." The woman stuttered not used to speaking English.

"Not fully'" Hecta said taking the dagger of the woman.

She put it in her palm and turned the steel into a firey quartz and then handed it back to the woman who gave her a hug. More people started gather around and Hecta knew they couldn't stay here. She looked at Peter who caught on what was happening as he ordered the soldiers to come back with some carriages for the people to go back to Narnia in.

The children of the village went to Hecta and put flowers in her plaited her as they asked to tell her stories of what Narnia was like and she did. She looked so peaceful with the people of the village and Edmund didn't want to look away. He soaked up her every movement just incase he misses anything. He realised all the feelings he had been denying since he saw her eyes was him just not wanting to cling his self around a girl. But Edmund had changed since then. He never wanted to let go of his feelings for and when she looked at him with a smile he felt his knees go week as butterflies formed in his stomach. Edmund was falling for the Mistress of Fire and he hoped she would be able to catch him.