chapter 8

"HURRY MUM THERE'RE AFTER US!" Mr beaver shouted running through the doors of the small dam.

"Right then" Mrs beaver said and she started walking around dam. She started collecting things from fridge which made the Pevensie's confused.

"What is she doing?" Susan asked Mr beaver.

"Don't worry, you'll thank me later. It's a long journey and beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry." She said in a warm voice. She started to come back to the table slowly which only made beaver more angry. 

"I'm cranky now!" He shouted as Mrs beaver made her way to the table with some food. Susan decided to help her pack the the food into a bag

"Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asked.

"Only if the witch serves toast!" Peter retorted annoyed at his sister but Susan continued helping ignoring her brother.

Outside the small wooden house. Maugrim and his pack of wolves were waiting to flush them out. They had come up with a plan to break into the dam and kill whoever was in there.

"Take them." Maugrim said and the wolves did as they were told.

They ran into towards dam and started tearing it apart. They bit threw pieces of wood and tried to crawl there way in. Once they had managed to get in, they saw that the Pevensie's and the beaver's were nowhere to be found. They started sniffing until one of the wolves found a secret passage way

The Pevensie's and the beavers were running through the small tunnel as fast as they could. Peter was running carrying the food but stopped when he heard someone fall behind him and saw Lucy on the floor and that's when they started hearing faint howling echoing through the walls of the tunnel.

"They're in the tunnel." Lucy whispered making them all start running quicker than they ever had before because there life depended on it. They kept running until they reached a dead end making panic rise through all of

"You should of brought a map!" Mrs beaver shouted at Mr beaver.

"There wasn't room next to the jam!" Mr beaver argued back still annoyed about how much Mrs beaver brought.

He then jumped into a hole and everyone else followed as fast as they could. They then made it outside, Peter and Mr beaver covered the hole up with a barrel so the wolfs couldn't get in. Lucy wasn't paying attention to her surroundings when she stumbled and fell on what appeared to be stone statues, but they were so much more than that. 

Mr beaver looked at the small girl and had seen she had fallen on statues what looked a lot like his friends. But he knew they weren't statues that just happened to look like his friends. They were his friends. Mr beaver looked around to see a stone statue of a beaver who looked as if it was screaming for help. Mr beaver felt his heart shatter into to 10 million pieces as he saw the pain on the Badgers face.

"He was my best mate." He on the verge of tears as Mrs beaver went over to her husband and comfortingly placed her arms around him.

"What happened to them?" Susan asked as she stared at the stone animals.

"This is what happens to the enemies of the White Witch." A fox said as it jumped out making them all back away in fear

"Stand still traitor!" Mr beaver shouted at him mistaking the fox for a wolf. He wanted revenger for his friends and this 'traitor' is the closet thing he could get but Mrs beaver held him back.

"Relax, I'm one of the good guys." The fox chuckled as he got down from where he stood.

"Well you look a lot like one of the bad guy's!" Mr beaver shouted at the orange animal.