chapter 14

JADIS WAS SAT ON HER THRONE being carried by her cyclops when she caught eye of Hecta's wand. Her eyes widen and she became more angry for Aslan taking the last thing she had left of her sister. The cyclops dropped her down and she didn't even think of the real reason she came to the camp. All she wanted was Hecta's wand in memory of her.

"Why do you have that." She said pointing to Hecta's wand. The Pevensie's looked at each other nervously. "That doesn't belong to you Aslan. If anything it belongs to me." 

Suddenly everyone eyes went to the tent that they had saw moving and then a dress appeared and then Hecta was stood outside the tent. Jadis wanted to cry and hug her but she didn't want to lose her stare. She knew Hecta would be disappointed in her after what she had done but a small part of Jadis hoped she would be happy.

"It doesn't belong to you either Jadis. If anything it belongs to me" She says mocking her causing Jadis' glare to harden.

"So you have 2 traitors in your midst Aslan." She said towards the lion. Edmund looked to the ground but Hecta just smirked.

"Their offence was not against you." Aslan said

"Have you forgotten the Deep Magic?" Jadis said mocking how much Aslan knew.

"Do not cite the deep magic with me, Witch! I was there when it was made." Aslan roared becoming angry with her within seconds.

"Then you will know that they belong to me." She said referring to Edmund and Hecta. She started to  turn towards the crowd so her voice can be heard. "That boy and my sister will die on the stone table."

Hecta closed her eyes and focused on her breathing whilst Edmund looked worried. Hecta had to focus on her breathing in order to calm herself so she wouldn't lash out.

"Try and take them." Peter said pulling out his sword. Without hesitation Hecta summoned a fiery rope and put Peter's sword down shaking her head at him. 

"You think that a simple threat will deny me my right, little king?" She said glaring at Peter. "Aslan knows that if I do not have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned, and perish, in fire-" She said now pointing at Hecta "-and water."

"Enough, we shall talk with you alone." He says heading towards his tent with the two sisters following behind.

Once they went inside, Aslan said he would die on the stone table instead of Hecta and Edmund. Hecta felt guilt run through her body but she knew something no one else did. They had started to leave to the tent. Jadis went first with a smug look of victory on her face Hecta and Aslan following closely behind.

"She has denounced her claim on Edmund and me." Hecta said causing the Narnians to cheer.

"How will I know your promise's will be kept." Jadis snarled causing Aslan to roar and Hecta's eyes to go a dark shade of red and fire again. Jadis flinched and sat down on her throne and got carried away.

The Narnians started hugging Edmund and cheering but Lucy caught a glimpse of Hecta and Aslan and saw how unhappy they were. Aslan walked off whilst Hecta smiled reassuringly at the Pevensies whilst getting a last glimpse of Jadis and then headed to her tent to get some rest before meeting her sister at the stone table. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.