chapter 7

IT WAS TIME. The plan to raid the Telmarine castle had started. Hecta was nervous as she and Edmund flew above the dreadful castle. Even just looking at it she got the shivers. It didn't have a warm feeling like Cair Paravel. It felt cold. Edmund's griffin flew in first picking up a Telmarine solider from the tower giving Hecta's griffin the signal to go. The griffin dropped Hecta next to Edmund.

He started at her but she didn't want to look at him. She made sure she had a knife in both of her boots and on her side just incase someone got to close to her. She even brought her wand just incase but kept it out of sight just so Edmund didn't know.

Edmund watch her place many knifes on her body. But he stared at her with hurt eyes after he walked off when she was trying explain her reason.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned for the girl he loved.

"Yeah I'm fine what about you." Hecta said not taking her eyes off her armour making sure its okay. Edmund knew she was lying but didn't want to push it.

"No." He said causing Hecta to look at him which concerned eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I feel bad about our argument and I know its upset you and its killing me knowing I hurt you." Edmund explained which made her look away. "I should have let you explain it's just hard when you come home and home isn't how you left it. I always thought when we would come back to Narnia it would be the same buts its not. But when I see you I realised you are my home Hecta. Not Cair Paravel. Not Finchley. You."

As Edmund said that last bit, Hecta launched herself onto him. She wrapped her arms around his neck as her lips kissed his. Edmund kissed her back like his life depended on it. His arms found her waist and pushed her body closer to him. The kiss was full of love and desire they realised they would never lose each other not really.

When they broke apart, they rested for their forehead on each others and stayed like that for a while until Hecta spoke up

"I'm sorry." She said which came out as a whisper. "I pushed away mainly because I didn't want to lose you again. I love you Edmund. I always will." She finished which made Edmund pull her into a hug as his face landed in the crook of her neck.

SUSAN, CASPIAN AND PETER, were climbing up to the professors window of his study. From the window it seemed neat but it was dark which made them suspect the professor wasn't there.

"Professor?" Caspian whispered but got no so he opened the window and stepped inside as well as Peter and Susan. Caspian noticed the professors glasses on the table but no sign of the professor which was odd because he never usually leaves without his glasses.

"I have to find him." Caspian told Susan and Peter.

"You don't have time. You have to get to the gatehouse." Peter tried to explain but it was no use. Caspian needed to help him. He saved his life he wanted to return the favour.

"You wouldn't even be here without him. And neither would I." Caspian said as Susan and Peter exchanged glances to each other.

"We can take care of Miraz." Susan said to Peter trying to let Caspian find the man who saved his life.

"And I can still make it to the gatehouse in time." Caspian said before running off leaving Susan and Peter to go take care of Miraz.

A TELMARINE GUARD was patrolling the grounds of the Telmarine castle when he noticed something peculiar. He saw a ginger cat tied up in ropes. But as soon as he was about to go back towards the door Reepicheep fell in front of him with his sword in front and his tail hanging on to the chandelier.