chapter 26

IT HAD BEEN FIVE YEARS since Hecta and Edmund had first got together and they had decided not to tell many of Narnians incase the relationship didn't work out too well.The only people who knew about Edmund and Hecta's relationship was the Pevensies, Mr Tumnus and the beavers.

Peter was now 28, Susan was 27, Edmund and Hecta were 25 and Lucy was 23.

The Telmarine Prince Rhotho, Princess Alyssa's brother, was coming to Cair Paravel to discuss about Alyssa's funeral which made Hecta nervous. Telmarines always attempted to get revenge well apart from when Jadis nearly married the king in that case Hecta got revenge.

"I would like to announce my wonderful engagement to you all." said Prince Mateo. "I will be marrying my perfect bride. Jadis Kirke." The crowd began to roar as the sky went dark making Jadis freeze at her place next to Mateo. The crowd began to move to the sides as a dark clothed figured walked through the middle clapping slowly.

"Well, well, well. I must say I'm very disappointed that you didn't ask for her hand in marriage to my family." Hecta said as he went closer to the stage.

"H you must leave. You're still wanted here. Go now." Jadis whispered once she stood infront of Hecta with Prince Mateo following behind her.

"You know exactly what he wants Jadis. How can you trust him?" Hecta said as soldiers came close to the trio but Mateo told them to lower their weapons.

"I trust him a lot Hecta. I love him." She has as she wraps her arm around his.

"Alright then. I suppose you can have this." Hecta said as she held out the Murik spell book. Jadis unlinked her arms and grabbed the book. Mateo was in shock and had this all too familiar look in his eyes.

"Mateo. Here you go since I know you truly love me u can have this." Jadis said handing him the spell book making him smirk and turn to his soldiers.

"Take them." He said as the soldiers pointed their weapons but Hecta was one step ahead as her fire powers turned every soldier into ash. Mateo was flicking through the book but Hecta blew on it and it turned into green dust.

"Did you really think I would actually give you the real spell book?" Hecta said laughing as more guards came for them. "I'm not that stupid."

Hecta summoned her fire trapping them in circle and wrapped fiery ropes around his body dragging him upside down above a water bucket.

"You can do the honours." Hecta said as Jadis with tears in her eyes walked up to him.

"I loved you. I loved you so much and it was all fake? You wanted power and I wanted my one true love." Jadis said. "But I wont kill you because you have a son and he needs to be looked after. But if you ever hurt my family or even go near us I won't be as nice." Jadis said as her and Jadis started to walk off.

"I'm gonna kill you bitch!" With that Hecta turned around and pushed his face far into the water making his guards rush towards him as her Jadis went home without telling their mother that Hecta had lost her temper.

She had to go by the name Elizabeth and her story was that she came to Narnia with the Pevensies but wasn't crowned Queen because she didn't want the responsibility incase her name sparked up any trauma.

The Pevensies were sat in their thrones ,with Cat stood next to Peters throne, as they listened to a nervous Hecta rant on about how this is a bad idea.

"Come on Peter, do you really think Telmarine's don't know what has happened?" Hecta's asked as she paced back and forth in front of them.

"Yes I think they just want to hold a funeral-"

"See this is my thing. We have told them she isn't that dead just asleep. I mean if they want I'll happily kill her for them so they can actually host a proper funeral but right now she's not fully dead."

"See but when u say not fully dead it makes it seem like she's paralysed." Lucy said making Hecta think of a way to argue.

"Yes she basically is paralysed in a nightmare of dreams because that's what she deserves." Hecta said with a small smile making Peter roll his eyes.

But before Peter could say anything he was silenced by a horn playing meaning that the royals were here. Hecta's walked towards Edmunds throne and stood next to him. Suddenly, the doors opened and a guard stepped forward.

"Make way for Prince Rhotho." He said opening his arms behind to let them come through.

Then came a blue eyed, tanned skin man. Hecta didn't even need to know who is grandfather is you can tell by look of him. He looked identical to his grandfather which made Hecta's blood boil and made her wished she had ripped out his heart when she had the chance. It was a shame such beauty was owned by a ruthless family even worse than her own.

Peter got from his throne and went to greet them. "Nice to meet you Prince Rhotho. I'm High-King Peter, this is High-Queen Susan, this is Queen Lucy and this is King Edmund."

"And you two are?" He asked Hecta and Cat looked at them with a confused expression.

"This would be Catalina my fiancé and Elizabeth who came here to Narnia with us." Peter explained as both girls curtsied.

"Nice to meet you Elizabeth and Catalina I just wished it would be on a better occasions." He said making the girls give the fakest smiles ever due to the bad history with him and his family.

*

Hours went by of them talking about funeral plansIt started to bore Hecta so muchf she had to try and keep her eyes open. Her head kept on moving towards Edmunds shoulder but no one noticed.

"I was wondering if it would be alright for us to have a funeral party here tomorrow night with some Narnian's of course. It's a Telmarine tradition of course." Prince Rotho asked but Hecta wasn't buying it. It had never been a tradition.

"Excuse me Prince Rotho." Hecta said making everyone's eyes snap towards her even the Telmarine soldiers." I was just wondering how long has this been a tradition because i've been reading about Telmarine history-"

"It has always been a tradition, thank you Elizabeth. I would advise you to please only speak when you're spoken to or you might as well leave the room since you're not a King or Queen, or in a relationship with a King or Queen." Prince Rotho said making her tense up as she looked at Edmund to find a blank experssion.

"Right of course." She said she stood up to go to walk. But decided to listen to the door as there was no Telmarine guards.

"Hecta what are you doing?" Oreius whispered as he approached her making her shush him.

"I must say Peter I could of sworn you teamed up with the Mistress Of Fire to defeat her sister." Prince Rotho said his voice muffled.

"Yes we did but she didn't want to stay in Narnia due to the unwanted memories she would get." Edmund explained making Hecta actually be proud but then started to panic when she heard chairs move so quickly ran to stand beside Oreius.

"Thank you very much Pevensies I will see you tomorrow. Goodbye Elizabeth." He said as he made his way out but Hecta had a gut feeling and she had to trust it.

"Prepare for war." Cat said taking the words right out of Hecta's mouth making the Pevensie's confused because they thought it had gone well but they were very wrong.

"He knows." Hecta said as she walked back to her room with Oreius following her so they could sort out the plan.