chapter 3

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT, Lucy couldn't get Narnia off her mind. Not matter how many times she had tried to close her eyes it always lingered. She had to know if it was real. She had to make sure. 

Turning to her side she saw Susan asleep, so without waking her older sister up she carefully grabbed the closet candle next to her and put on her boats instead of her slippers. She knew how cold Narnia was and didn't want to get frostbite if it really was there. She tiptoed out the room and made her way towards the attic room.

Lucy was so focused on trying to find Narnia that she hadn't noticed Edmund walking out of the bathroom. He then saw this as an opportunity to follow her without being seen. He followed all the way to the attic room but he got in the room Lucy wasn't there. He then started to walk towards the wardrobe when an idea popped into his head.

"BOO!" He said but he was surprised when he was met with no one there "Lucy" He said in singing tone. "Lucy, hope your not afraid not afraid of the dark." He said as he shut the wardrobe door. 

It was now pitch black and he couldn't see a thing. He started to walk forward still saying Lucy's name over and over again. He then came to closer to an orb of light and what surprised him most was that he was in a Narnia.

It was exactly how Lucy described it and he couldn't help but admire it. He then remember what he had said to Lucy. Edmund continued walking until he came face to face with a beautiful forest. He was in awe and felt a bit stupid for not believing Lucy.

"Lucy, I think I believe you now." Edmund admitted if he knew where his sister was.

He had began walking down ,what he thought was a, pathway looking around for Lucy when he heard jingles from bells come down the way he had just came from.

"Lucy?" He said but when the bells come closer it was definitely not Lucy. It was a sleigh being carried by snowy, white reindeers and they were charging towards him at full speed. 

Edmund didn't have time to register what was going on when he was knocked over by the speed of the sleigh and fell into a pile of snow. He stayed their for a while until a small man with a bright red hat come out of the sleigh. The man saw him and came running towards him with a dagger and a whip in his hand.

Edmund took this as a sign that the man didn't want to have a friendly chat with him so he got up and started to run the opposite direction. He didn't even get up for long when he felt the whip hit the back of his legs making him fall with the man on top of him holding a dagger to his neck.

"What is it now Ginarrbrik?" A cold voice asked from inside the sleigh.

"He wont let me go!" Edmund said loudly as he pleaded for help as this wasn't how he wanted to die.

"Is that how you address the Queen of Narnia?" the dwarf shouted making Edmund panic. In England, if he ever met the Queen, he would ever address her in the way he just did with the woman in the sleigh

"I didn't know?" He said trying to get the dwarf to see reason as to why he shouldn't kill him.

"Well, you shall know her better afterwards." He said as he raised his dagger above his head until he heard the cold voice shout.

"Wait!" The dwarf stopped and got off Edmund. Once Edmund had opened his eyes their stood a gorgeous woman with platinum blonde hair bright as the sun. She was wearing a white fur coat with a blue dress underneath it . Her skin was almost as pale as the snow but it looked very smooth. "What is your name Son-of-Adam?"

"Edmund y-your majesty" He stuttered now feeling nervous that he had actually met a 'Queen'.

"And how was it, Edmund, that you came to enter my dominion?" She said with no expression on her face.