You Stole My Heart Ch 46

“How are you feeling?” Zayn asked and I sighed, putting my elbows on the desk infront of me.

“Between you and me? I don’t feel whole, my loves on the other side of the world.” I took a deep breath. “But to everyone else I’m fine.” He smirked and I frowned. We were face timing, on two different sides of the world, I was in my office and he was in his bunk on the bus. “I miss you.” He chuckled.
“I miss you too love.” He hummed. “But only a few more nights.” He assured.

“A few more nights this week, and then a few more next week and the next-
“Lina.” He warned and I took a deep breath. “How are you feeling?” he asked and I glared. “Ok, so were not going to touch that subject.” He hummed and I shook my head. “Lina you've got to talk about it.”
“I don’t want to.” I groaned, looking at the door and avoiding his gaze. “I can’t even wrap my head around it so I’m not going to talk about it.” He grumbled under his breath.

“Lina if you-“
“If this is what were going to spend this call talking about, I’m going to hang up and go back to work.”
“And ill send you emails and text of the conversation I’m going to waste my breath on.”
“Well save it for the show tonight.” He groaned and I looked back at the screen, watching him cover his face with a pillow.

“I wish I would’ve known how stubborn you could be before we got married.”
“Would you want to change it?” I asked and he laughed at the worry in my tone.
“No my love.” He dropped the pillow to eye me. “Just wish I would know so I could be more prepared.” I rolled my eyes as he chuckled, watching me. “I love you.” He hummed and I gave him a weak smile.

“I love you too, and I hate to end this but I’ve got a meeting with Molly soon.”
“Ok lovely.” He cooed. “Call me tonight?” I nodded and he blew a kiss making me laugh before we hung up and I stared at the office.

*** Zayn POV ***

“Missed me?” I cooed when Lina called me an hour or so later. I furrowed my eyebrows, glaring at the band behind me. “Hold on baby, hold on.” I jumped off the stage, leaving the mic on the edge and waving off the others as I pulled my earins out, holding the phone up. “What lovely?”

“Zayn I need your help.” She said and I furrowed my eyebrows. “On top of everything that's happened since I landed.” She took a deep breath. “Molly called me into her office to talk, about a promotion.” My eyes widened. “And its really great and an amazing opportunity but.” She took a deep breath. “She only offered it because E! has gotten a hold of me and want to offer me a job there, as a TV cohost for E! News.”

“E!?” I asked with wide eyes, covering one ear so I could hear her better. “Baby that's amazing!” she laughed.

“But I don’t know!” she whined. “It’s a promotion at the job I’ve been at for years, versus a job that I’ve secretly wanted for years.” I nodded, biting my lip.

“I think you should do whichever makes you happy.” I admitted. “Your always telling me to write songs and to do certain things that I like and I think you need to do that. If you've wanted this job at E! you should take it.” She took a deep breath.

“Baby if I take the job at E! ill have to move to the states, LA at that.” I took a deep breath, leaning against the wall.

“Oh.” I breathed and she fell silent. “That's.”
“Not London.” She whispered. “And I don’t want to move just for a job but its my dream job and right now I think I just need to get out of London.” She hesitated. “But its serious Z.” she whispered. “Really serious and I want to talk to you about it but I know your at work-“
“Take it.” I said softly, cutting her off. “Take it baby. It’s your dream job and its right for us-“
“But tour, the guys, recording.”
“We can do that kinda stuff anywhere, even on tour.”
“Your family Z, mine, even if I don’t know who that is exactly.” She took a deep breath.