You Stole My Heart Ch 31

“Table for Malik?” Zayn asked, holding my hand tightly as we walked through the crowd by the door. The media hadn’t been outside the house, or the restaurant but I heard the camera clicks from the fans and I knew they would be there when we left. The hostess took us to a table in the back, Zayn pulling out my chair and I smiled, looking up at him before he sat beside me. I scooted closer, his hand going on my knee under the table as I stared at him, watching him ask for a drink for the both of us as we waited for his parents. I took a sip of the water at the table as he checked his phone when it went off.

“They should be here in a few minutes.” He hummed and I gave him a small smile.

“Zayn relax.” I hummed, placing my hand on top of his as he eyed me. “Think of it this way, it’s only your parents. Your sisters aren’t going to be here to tease you as you practically have a panic attack.” He glared and I shrugged. “Your freaking out love.” I said, gripping his arm. “I’ve never seen you like this.”

“I want them to like you.”

“I'm sure they will, have you met me?” he stared at me.

“Maybe we should go.”

“Zayn.” I complained laughing and he joined me making me roll my eyes. “You’re the absolute worst.”

“You have to say that, you married me.”

“You act like that’s something I should regret.” I hummed and he chuckled, watching me wink.

“You’ve really got to work on that wink darling.” He said and I pouted. “What now?”

“What happened to baby girl, or Lina, or love.” He rolled his eyes.

“Trying something different.”

“Well quit changing it up.” I hummed, smacking his hand that was still resting on my knee. He rolled his eyes, leaning over to kiss my lips and I smiled, watching him. “I like our life, our nicknames for each other.” I intertwined our fingers under the table. “I love you and I hate change, so stop it.” He chuckled, turning his head and I followed his gaze.

“There they are.” He said softly and I wrapped both of my hands around his. “Mum, dad.” He called, standing up as I whispered for him to relax. He hugged them and I fixed the hem of my dress. “This is Catalina.” He said softly, gesturing to me and I grinned, staring at him as he gave me a nervous smile. “Lina these are my parents, Trisha and Yaser.” I stood up last second as Trisha went to hug me and I laughed as she squeezed me tightly, rubbing my back just like Zayn does.

“Hi.” I said laughing, her not really letting me go. “It’s so good to finally meet you.” I breathed, her pulling away before I hugged Zayn’s dad shortly. Zayn watched me as I sat down, his hand falling on my knee once again before he pulled my legs closer causing me to look at him.

“I wish we could’ve met on different terms considering the fact that we had to drag you two out to meet.” She trailed off and Zayn sighed.

“We would’ve met on different terms if you would’ve listened to me on the phone.” Zayn reminded softly. “I planned on talking to her tonight when she got home about coming to see all of you.”

“Why didn't you say that on the phone.” He laughed.

“You were already here, and she walked in and dragged me here.” He stared at me and I shrugged.

“You’ll thank me later.” I assured and he winked making both of us laugh.

“But we planned on driving up, spending the weekend with you or something.”