You Stole My Heart Ch. 41

It took one slip up from Zayn to get me on everyones bad side. He mentioned something about how management was upset about him leaving halfway through that first show and I was the worst thing that happened to Syco.

“Catalina.” He warned as I glared at them behind their back. “Drop it.” He said sternly, gripping my arm and I turned to look up at him. “I told myself I wouldn’t mention it because I knew how you'd react and what did I do?” he complained, shaking his head when I turned my glare on him.

 “They got upset with you going backstage to get medical attention.”

 “They got upset that I tweeted a picture with you while I was getting medical attention.”

 “Oh now you cant talk about me on twitter?” he covered my mouth with his hand and I glared.

“Stop being a brat about it.”

“They practically told you that you had to chose between breathing and hitting high notes and you picked wrong.” He glared.

 “That’s not what they said.”

“Not in exact words.” I grumbled, looking at them as they walked out of the room.

“Catalina Rose Jones.”

 “I think I'm going to hyphenate my name, did I tell you that?” I hummed. “Catalina Rose Jones-Malik, nice ring to it, right?” He glared and I rolled my eyes. “You are not going to get upset with me over this.”

“We shouldn’t still be discussing it.” He murmured. “Happened almost a week ago.”

 “And they have been hovering and glaring at you since.” He covered his face with his hand and I placed my hand on the back of his neck, eyeing him. “Are you upset with me?”

 “Just drop it.” He groaned and I rolled my eyes, watching him place his head on my chest, pulling me closer. 

“Zayn do you have a headache?” I glared at the suited up man in the corner, watching my husband backstage.

 “Nothing I cant get over before the show.” He confirmed causing the man to nod and me to tap my nails against the leather of the couch with pursed lips. “Catalina stop.” He whispered, reaching over and putting his hand over mine, stopping the noise. “Say one thing to any of them and ill sleep on the bus the rest of the time were close to home.” I elbowed him and he reached for my hand, intertwining our fingers. “Shh love.” He hummed and I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I watched Harrys family walk around backstage, the curly haired bandmate beaming as he saw family in every corner practically.

“You alright?” Gemma asked, eyeing me on Zayn's lap, his head on my chest as he wrapped one arm around my waist and held my hand, resting it on my lap.

“Fine.” He hummed, giving her a small smile. “Old married couple argument.” She rolled her eyes and I gave him a smirk, him holding my gaze. “We’ll make up later, just doesn’t seem like it right now.” I giggled and he leaned up, pecking my lips causing me to smile, eyeing him as he placed his head back on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair, eyeing him as I did and I saw Gemma give us a small smile, walking away.

“Its not fair they told you what they told you.” I said softly, kissing his forehead and he sighed, looking up at me through his lashes. “And you would be just as angry if the roles were reversed and Molly told me I had to pick between work and doing something to get me feeling better.” He stayed silent. “Im not going to yell at them when your not around, your life is just going to be hell when they're around or they say something.”

 “Im not mentioning management to you ever again.” He said softly, placing his head on my chest and I rolled my eyes.

“Not to be cocky.” I whispered into his ear. “But I am your wife, and a woman, I will find out everything one way or another.” He chuckled at my tone, eyeing me through squinted eyes.