You Stole My Heart Ch. 15

“Zayn found this in his pocket when I picked him up for a meeting. He practically lost it when he saw it and he told me everything. All about your secret relationship, Bradford, what you said a few nights ago.” I kept his gaze, not like he would let me look away, gulping as I stared at him. “What the fuck are you thinking?”

“I wasn't.” I whispered softly.

“Obviously.”

“What the hell?” I asked at his tone.

“Your being such an idiot right now, letting him work his ass off to make sure you guys stay together and you give him back this infamous bracelet.” He gestured to it still between us. “What are you trying to tell him?”

“He would never willingly take it back.” I whispered, looking at it.

“Maybe because it’s a gift, i.e., you keep it forever and ever, and you wear it to the damn wedding and use the hand its wrapped around to flip your sister off as you take Zayn home with you.” I laughed, looking away and he stood up straight, his hands coming off the desk to rest by his sides as he stared at me. “Catalina what are you doing?” he whispered and I met his gaze. “To you, to Zayn.” He shook his head. “You’re not being smart about this whole situation.”

“What am I supposed to do Louis? Tell Shay I'm in a relationship with her fiancé. Have you seen her? Do you really think she would do anything other than laugh at me? I could fight with her, I could fight with his family and mine, and the wedding would still be on. There’s no way to be with him without legal action or something.”
“Sneak around, do something.”
“It’s harder now. Before it was just mystery girl now its he’s ‘engaged’ and he’s followed everywhere, how the hell did you get in?”
“Um Harrys possibly getting a scowling downstairs, he’ll be fine.” He waved me off and I rolled my eyes. “Why don't you want to be with him?”
“I do.” I said before he finished. “Trust me; I want to be with him. It kills me not to be but I can’t, I can’t say goodbye to him again, not over her.” I took a deep breath. “I don't like not being with him but I don't know any way I can be with him now without saying goodbye to him weeks later.” He continued to stare at me. “I'm not fine with where we’re at, and I'm sure he’s not either. Giving him the bracelet was stupid ok, but I haven’t been able to think clearly since I heard my sister practically scream that the Malik’s were her new in-laws.” I placed my fingers to my temple, staring at my salad as he sighed, taking a seat in front of me. “What happened? When he saw it, what happened?” I asked, rolling my lips in my mouth.

“Um.” He hesitated, running his fingers through his hair and I sighed.

“God he’s so stressed.” I whispered, covering my mouth.

“Go home then.” He said. “Go home to him, fuck what she thinks, fuck what the media thinks. You’re the media you can twist it to your favor like always.”

“I can’t.”
“You mean you won’t.” He verified.

“Not now.”
“Then that’s his answer.” He said. “That’s your answer on if you want to be with him.” I fell silent. “Admit it Catalina you don't want to be with him.”
“I do.” I complained. “I just. I don't.” I trailed off. “I want to be with him, but I don't know what I want.”
“Yes you do.” He said softly, standing up. “You know exactly what you want.”

“Louis.”
“You know what, it doesn’t matter what you want, because he’s better off without you.”

“That’s not true.” I choked out, standing up. “If he’s better off without me why did you try so hard that day in the car to get me to admit we were together?”
“Because I didn't think you would be as bad as her!” he cried across the small office. “Shay is a bitch. I’ll give you that, but at least she’s a bitch that knows what she wants.”