You Stole My Heart Ch. 39

Tour came so fast. 

It was like one minute he was home just watching TV, being himself and then his bag was sitting by the door, waiting to be put in his car as he headed to the stadium. I walked in and just stared at it, the door wide open, my hand still around the doorknob as I just stared at the luggage, waiting for him. 

“Babe?” He asked and I blinked, looking away from the luggage, meeting his gaze. “You alright?” 

“What? Yeah.” I hummed. 

“You ok?” 

“Yeah, I'm fine.” 

“So why is the door open?” He asked, continuing his way down the stairs as I shut the door, putting my back to him. “Babe the suitcase is just for the bus.” He tried. “I'm staying a few more nights, it’s just better to go ahead and load it.” 

“Yeah I know, you’ve told me.” I hummed, keeping my back to him as I took off my shoes, putting my purse against the wall. 

“Love.” I turned, looking up at him and he gave me a small smile, reaching up and pushing my hair behind my ear. “Come here.” I sighed, stepping into his arms, nuzzling into his chest. 

“Can I break my ankle and say the guys have to go on without you because I need you here to take care of me?” he laughed, petting my hair. 

“No baby girl.” I pouted. “Why are you even pouting?” he sighed, pulling me out of his chest. “You’re going to come out all the time.” 

“I know, it’s just.” I took a deep breath. “This big house seems so much bigger when you’re the only one in it.” He frowned. 

“Why don't you invite Kels over to sleep over for a few nights?” He hummed. 

“Because I can’t sleep with her like I can you.” He laughed, cupping my face with my hands. 

“I love you.” He whispered and I smiled, leaning up and kissing his lips, wrapping my hand around his wrist, deepening the kiss. 

“I love you too.” I whispered when I finally pulled away. I sighed, eyeing him before picking up my hand, shaking the bag I was holding. “I brought food, you hungry?” 

“Starving.” He complained and I beamed, intertwining our hands as we walked to the kitchen. He bent down, grabbing my waist so he could set me on the counter and I beamed, crossing my legs as he dug through the bag, pulling out the food. “We've got to eat and then you’ve got to get ready for the first show.” I smiled. 

“I'm so excited.” I admitted and he smirked. “Like I hate your job because of you leaving but it gives me something to sing about in the shower so.” I shrugged and he laughed, eating a fry. “Are you excited?” 

“I'm buzzing, I wanna get to the venue.” I smiled. “It’s just such a rush, seeing all of them so excited, reading their signs.” He shook his head. “I get to perform for hours on stage with my best friends and then we get to go back on the bus and talk about the show.” He continued to talk about it as I smiled, watching him as I ate. I took a sip of my drink as he trailed off, smiling still about it, taking a bite of his food when he finished. We fell silent, finishing eating before I scooted off the counter. “Babe?” 

“I'm just going to get ready.” I assured, leaning up and kissing his cheek. “Finish eating love.” I assured and he nodded, watching me warily. 

“Wear some cute concert outfit for me baby!” he called as I walked up the stairs and I giggled, eyeing him over my shoulder. I ran up the stairs, going into my closet, changing quickly before rushing to the bathroom, redoing my hair before touching up my makeup. I practically skipped down the stairs as Zayn came inside, the suitcase gone and a smile on his face when he saw me. “You look cute.” He hummed and I beamed, jumping the last two steps, almost sliding causing his eyes to widen and reach out, grabbing my waist. “You’re really trying to get me to stay home and nurse you back to heath, aren’t you?” I giggled, eyeing him and he rolled his eyes. “Alright, you ready to go?” I nodded, fixing my outfit, swatting at Zayn’s hand when he tugged on my shorts.