You Stole My Heart Ch. 10

So creative…..

I glanced at Zayn who had my feet in his lap as he looked at the bottom of the takeout container. With Zayn’s just as creative tweet was a picture of the gift tags, the one that said for: I wonder who from: I wonder whoooooo. I glanced between him and my phone, shifting how I was laying causing him to look at me before turning back to the TV and then back at me when I continued to stare.

“What?”

“You tweeted.”

“That’s what a twitters forrr.” He said in a sing song voice and I continued to stare at him. “Yeah I know; are you mad?” he finally broke, playing with the empty Chinese food box.

“No?”

“Did you answer my question with a question?”

“Are you ok?”

“Is that another answer-“

“Shut up and quit avoiding the subject.” He sighed and I sat up, sitting criss cross beside him. “Are you ok?”

“Perfectly fine, if you are.”

“I am.” He smiled.

“I know that.” I gave him a look and he chuckled. “I was actually going to invite you to be my plus one at Louis New Year’s party.” I hesitated.

“Oh.” I reached for my own untouched box of food that he had sitting on the table, opening it and stuffing my face to hide my unsure excitement.

“Is that a bad oh?” I shrugged. “You haven’t decided on the invite because I just asked you? Or was the shrug because you don't know if it’s a bad oh or not yet.” I shrugged again. “Which question was that towards.” I held two fingers up, continuing to stuff my face. “Hmm.” He hummed, taking a sip of his drink. We fell silent, him gathering his trash and throwing it away, bringing me a drink and him another one before I finally opened my mouth.

“This new year’s party is pretty public right.” he nodded, watching me. “So that would mean were going public.”

“Kinda sorta.” I nodded. “But it’s only if you wanted to go.”

“To the party or public?”

“Whichever.” I nodded.

“When is it?” he looked at me out the corner of his eye and I sat there, waiting like an idiot, before my question was understood by myself. “Never mind, please don't answer that.” He busted into laughter and I felt my cheeks heat, stuffing my face again.

“Maybe I shouldn’t go public with such a ditz.” I glared and he laughed. “You’re the one that asked when a new year’s party was.”

“Well!” I complained. “I wasn't thinking, I'm oh so sorry.”

“Your forgiven, always.” He cooed and I sighed, shaking my head.

“So.” I said, hoping to distract him. “What should I wear?” he smiled.

“Is that a yes to the party, and coming out?”

“Mmh.” I nodded and he grinned. “That’s what you want, right?”

“Is that what you want?”

“Zayn.” I said, glaring.

“Yes, but only-“

“Yes.” He grinned. “So, what should I wear?” I repeated.

“Hmm, maybe one of your gifts.”