You Stole My Heart Ch. 5

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Zayn asked, kissing my cheek and I shrugged, looking up at him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “I knew I shouldn’t have given you that key.” He added, his fingers brushing my side where he knew I was ticklish, a smile fell on his face as I giggled, rolling my lips in my mouth to stop myself from laughing. “Coming in and making me dinner, who do you think you are?” I laughed, throwing my head back into his shoulder making him laugh, kissing the base of my neck as I squirmed in his arms. “Who said I wanted your cooking?”

“Last time I try to be nice!” I screamed, laughing like a mad women and he grinned. His fingers stopped and I sighed, turning in his arms. “I’ll just take my food and go home.”

“Not without a goodbye kiss you’re not.” I laughed, his fingers wrapping around my jaw and bringing my lips to his. “Hello baby girl.” He said when we pulled away, my fingers wrapped around his biceps, his tangling in my long hair, curling his fingers around the loose curls I had after a long day.

“Hi.” I said giggling making him grin. “Surprise.” He laughed as I threw my arms in the air, wrapping around his neck and throwing myself at him, him stumbling back slightly.

“It’s not really a surprise seeing as I saw your car in the driveway, and I’ve been in here for a few minutes.” He petted my hair and I laughed, falling on my feet. “What are you making?”

“It’s a surprise?”

“What was it supposed to be?”

“Sweet and sour chicken.” I said with a pout and he laughed, reaching around me and wiggling the take out menus. “Oh I know where there are.” I said, glaring and he laughed at my outburst. “I just wanted to be nice.” I crossed my arms over my chest, leaning into him and he wrapped his arms around mine, his thumb rubbing my arms as he put his chin on my shoulder.

“Susie homemaker.” I grinned. “It’s hot.” I rolled my eyes, elbowing him making him laugh. I jumped, looking out the window and he sighed. “It’s been pouting all day.” He noted, following my gaze. London was getting covered, it actually lightening and thundering, a full blown storm with the winds.

“I noticed.”

“Snob.” I laughed, elbowing him as he shot me a smile, his voice full of teasing. “How’s the chicken?”

“Dead and gone.” He laughed, singing the chorus making me grin. I jumped, him cutting himself off as the thunder got louder. I looked up at the ceiling, Zayn following my eyes as the lights flickered before shutting off completely.

“Great.” He cursed, letting go of my waist and turning on his phone, shinning his flashlight at me making me blink and cover my eyes. “Oh, sorry baby.” He apologized and I grabbed the phone, blinding him. “Hey!” I giggled, him glaring and covering his eyes.

“Do you have any candles?”

“Psh, no.” I gave him a look. “Doniya left a few.” He admitted and I held my look. “She did!”

“Mmh.” I hummed. “Where are they?” I asked, grabbing his hand and walking past him, pulling him along.

“Guest room.” I nodded, him squeezing my hand as I led him through the house. “What are you doing?”

“I don't want to lose you! You’ll use this to your advantage and scare me.” he did a creepy laugh making me turn and hit him in the chest.

“Hey.” I dropped my balled fist, him shooting me a glare.

“Don't scare me.” he chuckled, lacing his fingers with mine as we walked into the different rooms, gathering candles. In 10 minutes the kitchen and living room was lit up and starting to smell of multiple scents, but I could see most of Zayn’s face in the flickering lights.