You Stole My Heart Ch. 29

“I can’t believe you did all this.” I breathed, looking around the room. Zayn blindfolded me before bringing me back to where we first meet, taking the blindfold off after telling me a million times to keep my eyes closed and I did, laughing as I assured him I would. He left, his footsteps being loud in the room and he chuckled, making sure my eyes were closed before calling across the room, telling me to open them. I did, seeing a cute little table set up with dinner on it behind me, twinkle lights filling up the room. He walked in and I turned, beaming and running into his arms as he filled the empty room with his laugh, playing with my hair. He whispered about how he hoped it worked out good, like when we first met and he teased me about being a crying mess after we got married and I rolled my eyes, wiping my cheeks and kissing his lips before he pulled me to the table, pulling out my chair and sitting across from me.

“Of course I did.” He hummed, taking a bite of his food as I continued to look around in awe. “It’s your birthday, our anniversary, I'm pulling out all the stops for you darling.” I beamed, looking at him, laughing and wiping the sauce off the corner of his mouth, glad I was able to make him blush as easily as he made me.

“What happens on our one year?” I asked, taking a sip of my drink and he groaned.

“Fuck.” I laughed, squeezing his hand and he eyed me. “I guess that would’ve worked better, I knew we should’ve went somewhere with a pool.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’ll do the year.” I hummed and he rolled his eyes. “Not as well as this but.” I shrugged and he laughed.

“Nothing will top this.” He tried and I nodded making him chuckle.

“Nothing.” I assured and he beamed. “This is really amazing Zayn.” I breathed. “You spoil me way too much, on a regular day, on my birthday, our anniversary.” I shook my head. “You spoil me.” I hummed, staring at my plate. “Way too much.” I whispered.

“Hey.” He breathed, picking up my chin and I was glad we were sitting beside each other instead of across, like normal. “You spoil me too baby.” He assured, eyeing me and I laughed. He placed his hand on top of the hand that was holding mine and we held each other’s gaze. “Waking up and still seeing you there, having you be completely understanding about stuff that you shouldn’t be completely understanding about, having you in my life, you being here and being real, not just so really good dream that I don't want to wake up from.”

“Zayn.” I choked out, looking up at him.

“I know I tell you all the time that I love you, that you’re important to me, and you are important to me, and I do love you, with all my heart.” He placed his hand on his chest before placing it back over our hands, continuing to stare at me. “But you are honestly the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I know a few weeks ago I was freaking out about rushing into things, but we didn't, I held out longer than I thought I would’ve. I think I knew that night when we stayed up from the sunset to the sunrise, talking, laughing, kissing a lot.” I laughed at his tone, wiping my cheeks. He was so sweet, his tone was so quiet, so soft and caring and I fell even deeper in love with him than I was 20 minutes ago in the car. “I think that night I knew you were important, I knew you were going to be in my life for a super long time, forever if I had any say on it.” He reminded and I smiled. “I may buy you pretty dresses and cars and jewelry, and you think I spoil you way too much and you think you don't deserve me or anything I give you, but I don't deserve you. I don't deserve your smile every morning, I don't deserve your teasing before the shower, I don't deserve knowing that the big empty house I’ve lived in for so long is going to be lit up like a carousel when I come home because you’re scared of the dark, I don't deserve walking in and having you cook or hiding take out boxes.” I smacked his hand and he laughed, watching me placed my fingers under his sleeve, tracing his skin with one of my fingers as I stared at him. “I don't deserve you making that house our home, I don't deserve anything you give me, a look, a kiss, a laugh, hell I think I’d be grateful if you slapped me after I fucked up something.” I rolled my eyes, staring at him and he sighed. “What I'm trying to say, super long story short.” I smiled, his eyes glancing at our rings, a smile growing on his lips. “I don't deserve you, and I love you, and happy birthday.” I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck, sitting in his lap and gripping his chin, kissing his lips. I think we could’ve broken the record for longest kiss/make out session, and if it wasn't that record it was defiantly the most passionate, heartfelt kiss I’ve ever given him.