You Stole My Heart Ch. 11

“Hey.” I glanced up at Tessa before sighing and looking back at my computer. “You feeling ok?”

“Fine.” I hummed as she shut the door behind her.

“You’re lying.” I didn't respond, glancing at the mug she put in front of me. “Oh come on, the penguins doing a damn handstand, you can’t even smile at that?”

“So cute.” I said softly, taking a sip before placing it back on my table.

“What’s going on?” she asked, sighing. “If it’s about tomorrow?”

“It’s not.” I said, sighing and she took a seat.

“Then what’s it about?” I didn't respond. “Oh, is he?”

“Being a complete and utter secret keeping asshole, yeah.” I said, cutting her off and she hesitated.

“Don't be bitter or anything.”

“Tess.” I complained.

“Well damn, one word and you almost kill me, what have you done to him?”

“It’s not funny.” I said, glaring at her and she sighed.

“What’s going on?” she asked and I sighed, leaning back in my seat, forgetting about what was on the screen.

“He went to Bradford for some family thing and has been so secretive about it. And he was gone for a month, barely calling me, to come home acting like nothing happened. And I tried to understand that he doesn’t want to talk about it but.” I groaned. “Any mention of Bradford or work and he turns into this different person and I hate it so much.” I ran my fingers through his hair. “And I got so mad at him and told him that if he was going to be management or Bradford’s Zayn I didn't want to talk to him and he left and now I'm regretting everything I said even though it’s true.” She sighed, staring at me as I leaned against my chair.

“Start from the beginning.” She offered and I did, telling her everything from the closet to the day before when I left him in the hallway. She didn't interrupt, she didn't say anything for a while afterwards, and I drank half of whatever was in the cup she brought me before she finally responded. “You told him that you were mad he was keeping a secret from his secret?” I nodded. “And you called him two faced.”

“Not two faced-“

“You called him two faced.” I sighed.

“He just.” I hesitated. “He sees management or his parents name on the phone and he shoves me across the world. And I hate it so much because I don't understand.”

“Catalina you’re going to have to let him have his secrets. You’re going to have your own and he’s going to have his. Remember when he was so mad about the pictures because they were your secret?” I groaned.

“But this isn’t pictures.”

“You don't know what it is. The band might be breaking up, someone in his family might be sick.”

“Why are you so negative.” I groaned. “Now I feel bad!”

“You should! You need to respect his secrets. You’re going to have to trust that he’ll tell you what’s going on when he can, when the times right.” I looked away. “You have to respect that.” I glanced at my phone. “And you don't want to do that.”

“Do what?”

“Call him. He’s probably still going to be pissed and be all like ‘which Zayn did you want to talk to today?’ and then you’re going to get mad, and yell at him, and you’ll be back to square one. And right before Christmas too.” I groaned, putting my head on my desk. “Just, wait until after you see your mum and then call him, give you both time to cool off, alright.” I sighed, nodding and she gave me a weak smile, kissing the top of my head. “Now drink your tea and get to work. You driving yourself tomorrow?” I nodded, looking up at her. “Alright, see you later.” I sighed, watching her leave before she shut the door and I leaned back in my seat, groaning and mumbling about how much of an idiot I was.