You Stole My Heart Ch 26

Zayn’s special surprise was a very romantic date after I went home and got all dressed up per his request. He practically swept me off my feet the whole entire night, surprise after surprise and I fell even more in love with him, glad we were both back to normal. When I woke up the next morning Zayn had to go to a Syco meeting for some press release and I had to go to work, getting bombarded with questions as soon as I walked in, being pulled into Molly’s office for a morning long talk. When I finally went back to my office Tessa was waiting, eyeing me. I leaned against the door, shutting it and sighing making both of us laugh and her stand up, hugging me, apologizing for everything that she said and did.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She asked softly and I shook my head, giving her a weak smile.

“I'm just really happy.” I said softly, sitting beside her. “You know everyone knows, Zayn told his family and his bandmates before he came back, you guys know.” I sighed. “I'm sick of hiding you know? Like I’ve been wanting to come out with him for so long and now that I can.” I took a deep breath. “I can take a deep breath and I can be happy and kiss my husband in public.” She laughed at my tone.

“I can’t believe you just said your husband.” She breathed. “Your my 9 year old niece, you don't have a husband, boys have cooties.” I laughed at her tone. She stared at me and I avoided her gaze, blushing.

“Stop it Tes!” I complained and she laughed.

“Have you seen instagram?” she asked and I groaned.

“I’ve been trying not to, is it bad?”

“You should go look.” I gave her a look and she smirked making me eye her before grabbing my purse that was under my desk. She laughed, watching me fall back into the chair, finding the app and opening it.

“What am I looking for?” she looked at her phone.

“The popular page.” She hummed. “Yep, it’s still there.” She mumbled and I looked at the page, finding something Zayn posted, a video of me running to him and jumping in his arms outside the house, pictures of us at the eye in line, and a picture of us in front of the eye taken by the fan.

You don't have to know the story to understand how happy we are and how lucky we are to have found each other. I love her, please respect that.

I smiled and looked at Tessa who was watching me.

“I know what I said, how I acted, and I'm sorry, I’ve been around your mother too long.” I laughed as she rolled her eyes. “But I do see how he looks at you, and I am happy for the both of you. He’s very lucky to have you, and I support you guys.” I smiled.

“That really means a lot.” I breathed, running my fingers through my hair. “That’s all we want, is everyone to see how we feel and if they can’t support or accept it they can at least acknowledge it.” I sighed. “Mum and Shay will probably never do both.”

“They’ll come around.” She said, lying.

“You heard them. They didn't care about anything other than the money they wasted and the person I stole.” I said with an eye roll. “And mum sat there suggesting to marry Shay after everything I said, like who does that.” She placed her hand over mine and I sighed. “I know I’ve always said that all she cares about is Shay, but I never thought she would say what she did, especially in my house.” I ran my fingers through my hair. “I'm just so ready to get past all this drama, to be able to be happy with him in public. Like I don't care about the fans, but I know he does.” She nodded. “I'm just really concerned someone’s going to say something and he’s going to blow up on them.”