You Stole My Heart Ch. 38

Zayn’s eyes widened and I held my poker face for as long as I could, so like two seconds. When I began to smile he glared.

“That’s not fucking funny.” He complained and I giggled, covering my mouth.

“I'm sorry.” I said laughing, rubbing his arm as he fumed in his seat. “You were just so.” I hesitated, trying to quit laughing so I could make an angry face and his lips began to twitch. “I don't like you angry at me Malik.”

“Well quit doing things how I don't want them done.” I rolled my eyes and he sighed, squeezing my hand. We fell silent and I relaxed in the seat, sighing and looking at the road ahead of us.

“I'm just ready to sleep in our own bed.” I whispered.

“Why? You’re all over me in that one too.” I glared and he shrugged. “I like when you sleep on me, helps me keep you close even in sleep.” I laughed at his tone.

“I like sleeping on you.” I hummed and he grinned.

“Good, so quit trying to distance yourself.” He squeezed my hand. “You’ve been distance this weekend, everything alright?” I gave him a look and he rolled his eyes. “No, with me.” he pulled our hands into his chest. “You’ve been distant with me, why.” I shrugged and he frowned. “Catalina.”

“Just me being weird.” I said shrugging, looking at him. “You ignore it the rest of the time, why don't you ignore it now?”

“Because it affects you in bed.” I rolled my eyes at his tone. “But honestly it’s like you don't even want to cuddle, you couldn’t stop squirming in my lap on the couch and I didn't know if you were being a tease or nervous about my parents seeing us be so affectionate. And then I realized all weekend you were so distant and off upstairs.” He sighed. “Talk to me Cat, we both decided that this marriage couldn’t work if we didn't talk.”

“It’s probably just because we weren’t home.” I shrugged. “I was uncomfortable, feeling like your parents were judging us.” I pursed my lips, pulling our hands into my lap, running my fingers over his. “Once I get home I’ll be fine.” I assured and he hesitated.

“You’re not pushing me away because I'm about to go on tour, are you?” he asked hesitantly and I looked up at him.

“What? No Zayn.” I assured, shaking my head. “I just.” I shrugged. “I just felt uncomfortable at your parents’ house is all.” I leaned over, placing my hand on his cheek before kissing his lips. “I’ll be fine once we get home, promise.” I assured, squeezing his hand and nuzzling into his arm. He watched me hesitantly as I closed my eyes, my cheek resting on his bicep as he sighed, kissing the top of my head. His hand moved to rest on my thigh as I curled up in the seat, scooting closer and slowly falling asleep.

* * *

When we finally arrived home, Zayn woke me up before parking and getting out of the car. He brought up the bags before sighing, opening the door and grumbling under his breath.

“Catalina.” He whispered, pushing my hair out of my eyes as I sighed, turning to look at him.

“Baby.” I hummed, holding my arms up and he chuckled, reaching for me.

“You’re going to make us be in the headlines.” He hummed, kicking the door shut as I nuzzled into his chest. “Catalina got sick and stupid Zayn kept her home instead of taking her to the hospital. Or how about this. Catalina was supper cute and really deserved this so she’s going to give Zayn amazing-“

“You finish that in a nonsexual way and I’ll give you whatever you want.” He chuckled.

“And if it’s sexual?” he hummed, shutting the door and carrying me up the stairs as I sighed, tightening my grip on his neck.