You Stole My Heart Ch. 1

***Later that night***

I bit my lip, my eyes leaving the computer screen to the piece of paper that was lying by my phone. I was constantly being distracted, reaching for both items and dropping them back on the table after staring at them for a few moments. But this time I didn't, this time I pressed the phone to my ear, taking a shaky breath as it rang before connecting.

“Hello?” Zayn asked and I bit my lip.

“That restaurant we both just so happen to be at?” I asked softly, playing with my fingers. “Can we just so happen to be there in an hour?” I could hear the smirk on his lips as he talked.

“Sure, where do you want to go?” I shook my head.

“Wherever, you decide.” I said softly.

“Can I text it to you?” he asked and I nodded even if he couldn’t see me.

“Sure.” I said softly.

“Alright, I’ll see you in an hour.”

“Alright, bye Zayn.”

“Bye Catalina.” He murmured and I stared at my phone as the call ended, looking at it for a moment or two before heading through the house, to the bathroom to wash my hair and curl it, grabbing a dress when I recognized the fancy restaurant’s name, and doing my make up quickly. I didn't want to look or do too much, unsure what this will end up being, knowing it wouldn't be that much. I got in my car, heading to the restaurant and inside to the hostess, telling him the name Zayn told me to use, heading to the least busy part of the restaurant, sitting and looking at the menu in silence, waiting on Zayn for 5 minutes maybe, him standing across from me. “Hello.” I smiled slightly, meeting his gaze and accepting his kiss on the cheek. “You look lovely.”

“Thanks.” I said softly as he sat down across from me. “I know this place is pretty fancy.” I eyed the guest around us, also eyeing his dress shirt and slacks.

“Kinda.” He said softly. “Have you been here long?” I shook my head, meeting his gaze. “I'm really glad we ran into each other.” I smirked, him meeting it in silence.

“Me too.” I murmured and he chuckled. “So, why were you so persistent?” I asked, watching him.

“It’s not going to be on the internet will it?” He taunted.

“Only if you say off the record before everything.” He raised an eyebrow and I laughed. “No it won’t be on the internet.” I promised as he smiled watching me slowly stop laughing.

“You have a cute laugh.” He murmured and I gave him a small smile.

“And I thought Harry was the flirt.” I murmured.

“Hm and that sounded like a journalist.” He said in the same tone.

“I'm sorry.” He flashed me a small smile.

“It’s alright.” I eyed the wine glasses in front of us.

“You never answered why you’re so persistent on giving me your number, on getting me here.”

“You didn't have to come.” He said, taking a sip of his drink. “You had the number; you had the choice of staying at home being beyond bored writing about me when you could be out with me.” I smirked.

“You’re so confident.” I taunted making him laugh. “But not too confident, so its bearable.” He smirked, watching me place my chin in my hand watching him.

“I'm really not that confident.” He tried weakly.

“Hm, you sound it at the moment.”

“Do you like it?” he taunted and I smirked, taking a sip of my drink making his own smirk grow. “So, tell me about yourself.” He said softly. “You have to know everything about me.” he added.