You Stole My Heart Ch. 36

“Are you guys ready to go?” Trisha asked as Zayn ran his hand up and down my back. 

“I'm ready but I think Lina needs to go fix her hair, she was complaining about it after her shower.” 

“Is she still asleep?” Doniya asked. 

“I'm trying to be.” Zayn chuckled at my sleepy tone.  

“Come on babe, you’ve got to get ready, we've got lunch with mum and dad.” He hummed, kissing my forehead. 

“Alright.” I hummed, sitting up and running my fingers through my hair. “How long do I have to do my hair?” 

“30 seconds.” Zayn taunted and I rolled my eyes. “Mum why don't we just meet you guys up there, you guys go ahead so we don't lose the reservations.” 

“You sure?” His dad asked. 

“Yeah, she'll take forever.” I smacked his arm and he chuckled. “I just don't want you guys waiting for us to finish getting ready, go on.” He assured and his mum eyed him before nodding, kissing her daughters and his cheeks as I ran upstairs, plugging in my curling iron as I hurried to do my make up. 

“Where are we going?” I asked as he walked into the room shutting the door and sitting on the bed, staying silent. “Do you think I should change or will this be fine?” I added, eyeing myself before reaching for my make up. “I mean your mum looked comfy so I think this should be fine but if they have reservations-“ 

“Why didn't you tell me?” I furrowed my eyebrows, turning to look at him. “About what mum said about you.”  He said before I could ask. “About Shay being their first pick because of who she was raised by.” He stood up as I looked at the eye shadow brush I was holding. “You don't honestly think that Shay is a better choice because she was raised by your mother and you were raised by your father so that automatically makes you the redheaded stepchild.” 

“I never said that.” I whispered. 

“Good, because it shit.” I gulped, looking up and holding his gaze. “I didn't fall in love with you, because you were raised by your father. I didn't have a conversation with you and say ‘oh, she’s really smart and beautiful she must have been raised by her father’ and I didn't fall in love with you because of who raised you and who taught you different things. I talked to you because you were funny, and nice, and beautiful and down earth. I fell in love with you because you made me happy during a time when I didn't even want to get out of bed. I fell in love with you.” He reached down, lifting my head, placing both hands on the side of my face, making me hold his gaze. “Because I found someone who became so important to me, I found someone that I wanted to talk to daily, and someone that I wanted to see and hear from.” I gulped, his thumbs running over my cheeks and across my lips. “I fell in love with you because you walked into my life at the darkest time, and you made everything glow and blind my eyes at the brightness, and blink and catch my attention.” I took a shaky breath. “I do not care, why my parents do not like you.” He said softly, shaking his head. “I do not care that the fans think you stole me from them, and I do not care that your mother and sister think you don't deserve. Because I love how your dad raised you the few years he stuck around, and I know that you paid full price for me.” I laughed breathlessly and he chuckled. “And I know that you deserve me.” I giggled, him smiling. “But that I don't deserve you.” I took a shaky breath and he dropped his hands. “It doesn’t not matter what anyone hates about you because I will do my damnest to love that part of you more than I have ever before.” I reached up, kissing his lips, wrapping my hand around the back of his neck and he placed his hands on my waist. “Lina.” He whispered when I pulled him to the bed and I let out a breathless laugh.