You Stole My Heart Ch 20

“Hey.” I said, answering one of the first few rings and Zayn laughed.

“Hi.” I smiled. “What are you doing?”

“Not working. He laughed. “What are you doing? Packing, heading home?” he hesitated.

“Something along those lines.” I pouted, even if he couldn’t see me. “I know I haven’t talked to you as much as I said I would but I'm free now.” He said, trying to change the subject. “I’ve missed you, how was your week, what did you do? Did you miss me? Did you work? Did you shop for our vacation?” I smiled at his rushed tone. “Talk to me, make me forget your on the other side of the world. Make me feel like your right here beside me, or were talking on our breaks and I'm just on the other side of London, not the whole world.” He breathed and I smiled softly, ducking my head.

“I'm home.” I said softly. “I took a few at home days and I'm slowly working on my articles.” I hesitated. “Mainly online shopping though.” He laughed.

“I was waiting on that.” I rolled my eyes.

“I'm also waiting on you, where are you?”

“Still in LA.” He said softly.

“But you guys should be back later tonight right?” I asked. “OR early tomorrow?” I shook my head. “Just remind me that you’re going to be in London in less than 24 hours.” I practically begged and he hesitated.

“I'm always with you mentally?” He asked and I stared at my comforter. “And Louis, Liam and Niall will be in London in 24 hours.” He trailed off.

“And you and Harry?” I asked softly and he sighed at my tone.

“Look, Harry is staying with some friends for a few more days; he always does while he’s in LA. I'm just staying a few more hours, a day, two at the most.”

“Zayn.” I whispered, disappointed.

“I know. I know what I promised and I'm keeping ti. I told you wed go the night or early the morning I got back.” If he was in front of me he wouldn't be for long and he knew it, sighing. “Look I know your mad or disappointed but.” He hesitated. “Love there’s some things I’ve got to do while I'm here. There’s some people I can meet with-“

“Zayn there’s Skype and phones for a reason.” He sighed as I cut him off. “Come home.” I complained and he hesitated before sighing.

“I know you’re not happy with what I'm doing, but to get me home to you I need to stay here for another day or two.” I sighed, laying against my pillows. “Trust me, when you find out the reasons why I'm staying you’ll hopefully be over the moon.”

“What are you doing?” I asked. “Listening to the hundredth person tell you to get over me because there’s no way out.” He sighed.

“Love don't be mad, it’s not like I'm not coming home.” He said softly. “I'm just going to be a few hours later than expected. That’s all.” I stared at the ceiling, sighing and staying silent. “Are you excited about the vacation?” he asked after a silent moment. “Were going far away, were going to be ourselves, I'm going to be able to be with you in public, to kiss and hold you and be with you without a care in the world. It won’t matter who sees because I'm going to be with you no matter what.” I smiled, looking at the ceiling.

“I really hate how you distract me with your perfect boyfriendness.” He laughed. “I love you.” I whispered. “And I'm really happy and lucky to have you around to distract me.” he continued to laugh and I smirked. “I don't know if I ever told you that or anything.” I said giggling.