You Stole My Heart Ch 17

“I don't want to go.” I complained, looking at Tessa and she glared at me.

“You owe me.” she said simply and I groaned, fixing my dress. “I covered your ass after the aquarium, you're going to this dinner and you’re going to behave.” She said simply, looking in her purse and I glared at her. She didn't respond to my glare, didn't even acknowledge it, placing her purse back on her arm and leading me into the reserved room in the back. This wasn't a rehearsal dinner, the wedding was still another two months away, but it was supposed to be the first time Zayn was meeting the entire family, even some from my dad’s side and more than likely not by my mother’s choice. Zayn was also meeting Shays friends, so it was another family reunion centered on Shay. I ran my fingers through my hair, following her to the room and stomping my feet making her glare and my cousin’s chuckle at my behavior. They didn't know about Zayn and I, but they knew how I felt about my sister and they had been laughing at me since I came to their house after work with Tessa, her making sure there was no way of m getting out of this. We walked in, my hand once again in my hair as I looked around for Zayn, finding him talking to some of my family. The party was black tie formal, meaning I was in a dress and heels and Zayn was in a suit, making me really hate my sister and how good she had it. He met my gaze across the room, roaming his eyes over me like I was him, giving me a smirk before turning back to my uncle. “Calm down Catalina.” My aunt taunted and I turned from Zayn to look at her, squinting my eyes at him. “He does look pretty hot in that suit though.” She taunted quietly.

“Thanks Tess, for once again reminding me what I don't have, like seeing her on his arm isn’t going to do that enough.” She rolled her eyes. “You realize this is going to kill me, it’s going to make me sick to my stomach, seeing her and him, knowing what I can’t have.” I whispered softly. “Seeing them is going to be another twist from the knife slowing killing me.” she rolled her eyes.

“Way to be dramatic Cheyenne.” I glared and she shrugged. “Call them like I see them.” She forced a smile, saying hello to my family and I slipped away, walking to the bar.

“Really need it right now?” I groaned, looking at one of Shays best friends. “You just walked in.”

“Wish I would just walk out.” She rolled her eyes.

“Why aren’t you happy, your sisters marrying a pop star.”

“That reason alone.” I said, taking the drink from the bar tender, giving her a look that had her grabbing another glass.

“Catalina are you jealous?” she cooed and I closed my eyes, sipping on my drink before answering.

“I really wish people would stop saying I was jealous.”

“I mean come on he’s Zayn Malik, millions of girls want him all over the world, and you’re going to be related to him in a few months, I’d be jealous.”

“Why don't you be her sister then.” I said, handing the bartender the empty glass and taking the full one. She fell silent, asking the bartender for a drink before standing up straighter, looking over my head.

“Hey Zayn.” She said and I rolled my eyes at her tone, turning to him.

“Hi.” He said softly, meeting my gaze. “Cat.” I smiled weakly.

“Zayn.” He smiled before turning to the bartender, ordering me another drink since mine was almost gone and him one.

“Put hers on my tab.” He added and I gave him a look. “Which means you’re on a limit.” I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. “How are you? I haven’t seen you in days.” He said and I hesitated, looking over my shoulder for Shays friend before turning to him.